Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this little hobby of having a collection of Halloween decorations. I've been doing this for so long that I know when I'm getting a great deal or it is a major rip off. I've noticed certain sites that I tend to earn gift cards for has a higher price on their Halloween collections when compared to some of the regular stores. Amazon tends to charge quite a bit for most of what they have. Then I would compare to Walmart which has some good prices and a few minor bad ones. The drug stores seems to offer the best deals while Spirit has a high price/won't repair deal. I understand the cost of being a specialty store all year round. But some of these prices I've seen are really high and bad.

Am I the only one that sees this and gets annoyed or are there others out there that are just as observant?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I do agree with you that their prices are inflated. That being said, at the beginning of the "Halloween season", they usually offer coupons/promo codes giving 40% off . I find this brings their prices more in line with the rest of the retail world.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Being a haunt that is open every night of the year-year-round,my props I build suffer from being used in all weather conditions and situations.
Little prop-type air cylinders don't last all that long so for a few more dollars I buy hydralic cylinders like a tractor has to lift their bucket. I put some automatic transmission fluid in them for lubrication.. and they just "Keep-om Keeping-on" Doing heavy duty lifting (if I need that.
I bought a small oil-lubed air compressor-(China) since the air cooled "Forever Lubed " ones commonly sold everywhere kept flying apart.
I used the tank from my last "Forever Lubed compressor for extra air capacity and the small compressor does everything very well because of that extra tank.
I didn't figure all of this out totally by myself and it wasn't figured out in a "Day" either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts