Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh My God... The financial markets in the US are crashing. The Stock Market had the biggest drop in history. The worst economic disaster in since the Great Depression! Grandmas 401K is worthless.

Everyone relax.

The media and the politicians looking for power and ratings are dictating what you are watching and they feed off of your fear. These people in power are entirely irresponsible.

Doesn't it strike you as strange that no matter how well or how poorly things are going, that the media is always in a heightened state of emergency. The when there is something to be genuinely concerned about, they go to defcon 4?

The politicians are even worse. "We need change. We need change. We don't know what the hell we are going to do, but anything is better than the mess you are in now" One of my favorite quotes from a congressman. I can't remember his name, but he warned the country that we were headed towards an environmental disaster and all the landfills would fill up with garbage and the country would become uninhabitable. He was saying this in the 1890's.

IMHO - change for the sake of change is no answer.

I'm not saying the guys in charge right now have not screwed up. I'm not saying we don't need change. Things have to change, but the right things. Just shooting from the hip will only make things worse.

That's a political aside. My point is that the world is not coming to an end. There are some major screw ups to fix, but there are also market fluctuations and adjustments. Don't let fear cloud your judgment. Do your own research. Have faith that things will turn around. Remember in the 80's that Japan was going to take over the economical world?

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
of course the world isn't going to end. the economy isn't going to completely crash and become void.
things will just get really crappy...really, really, crappy
then the election will be over january will swing around and the new year will see the economy recovering and the US crisis starting to be mended...
...*magically* O . O <-- wide eyed stare of wonder....

but this country has seen its ups and downs and has gone through strife before and the politicians know what strings to pull and what song to sing so that everyone will react the way they are supposed to.

it's the world we have lived in, it's the world we are living in, and it's the world we will live in....

but you make good points and bring great sense to this senseless and strange world :)
i bow to you good sir, i bow to you.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Winner!

As long as the principals are allowed to be followed, we'll be okay.
Individual Freedom
Individual Responsibility
Market Driven Economy, not government controlled redistribution.

The media created a gas crisis here in Atlanta. Word of a possible shortage was spewed all over the news, so people rushed to fill up. The mass of people filling up created an ACTUAL shortage, and it was a continual cycle of self-fulfillment. Lines around the block, etc etc.

Ever wonder why the healthcare system here is in CRISIS? Uh..it has been an election year now for 3 years. In a couple years, we won't be that worried about it. Again. The world will still look at our system with envy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know. The rest of the world is affected. There are many factors that cause economies to fail. I've read somewhere that there are 12 ways by which we could automatically shut down a country's economy.

I'll look for the link and post it some other time. It's a really informative. Thus, it would make you think about what you have been doing as a member of the society.

They say that economic success depends on constant economic failures. Economies just like human bodies need balance. Humans are struck with fever from time to time. Yeah, it's awful but if you think about, it's our bodies' way of balancing things out and basically telling us, 'hey, better give me some rest'.

Hmmm...I don't know if my analogy is logical. hahaha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts