Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming this month from Universal – The Wolf Man Special Edition Legacy DVD.

In addition to the film, the DVD will include a commentary from film historian Tom Weaver, as well as bonus features The Wolf Man: From Ancient Curse to Modern Myth, Pure in Heart: The Life and Legacy of Lon Chaney Jr, He Who Made Monsters: The Life and Art of Jack Pierce, Monsters by Moonlight, The Wolf Man Archives featurettes and a Universal Horror documentary narrated by Kenneth Branagh.

The Wolf Man Legacy DVD Art- ShockTillYouDrop.com

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Awright, Johnny! Thanks for the Head's Up. I can't believe amazon.com hasn't already told me about this.

·
Devil In Disguise
663 Posts
As much as I love the Wolf Man I really don’t think a third release of it was necessary, if they were going to do so they could have at least put it on Blu Ray. The new extras are nice but I’m not going to shell out for them, for now my legacy collections are just fine. It’s a shame Universal continues to release these films two and three times when they some great films that have yet to see the light of day on DVD.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I agree totally with Mr scratch..I think Universal are somewhat overdoing their Classic Monster collection/Legacy series.
BTW...I'm still waiting for them to release the "Creature from the Black lagoon" Legacy in PAL format...

·
Devil In Disguise
663 Posts
I get why they would release it but I would just like to see some of the other classic Horror titles they have in the vault get release, esp. something as classic as Island Of Lost Souls.

I have wonder why Universal used a shot of The Wolf Man from Abbott And Costello Meet Frankenstein on the cover, couldn’t they find one from the Wolf Man? Not that it really matters I guess.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I get why they would release it but I would just like to see some of the other classic Horror titles they have in the vault get release, esp. something as classic as Island Of Lost Souls..
Indeed... I had a hell of a job to find this Lugosi classic even on VHS...
even then, it wasn't a Universal released VHS.

·
Devil In Disguise
663 Posts
Indeed... I had a hell of a job to find this Lugosi classic even on VHS...
even then, it wasn't a Universal released VHS.
I would love to see a Pre-code horror set from Universal with some of the Paramount titles they own.

It could look have…

Island of Lost Souls (1932)
Murder By The Clock (1931)
Murders in the Zoo (1933)
Supernatural (1933)
Terror Aboard (1933)

Since we have seen 3 Pre-code sets from Warners and one from Universal seems like a Pre-code Horror set tied into Halloween could do well enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts