Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I’d throw this in as well. This was a quick put together, a friend gave me the mask and costume, and I just had to build an armature. The base is 3/4 inch plywood, the 2 4x4's are cut and spaced to fit into the hole of a concrete block. Arms and elbows are posable by tighting the screws that are through the PVC joints. It was our greeter at the church’s haunted house. The cauldron was cut from the bottom of a plastic 50 gallon drum, great stuff, spray paint, handles are from 10 inch PVC pipe cut in 1 inch section. It will be animated with sound before 10/31/09.

Our pet duck did not like all of our stuff in her way.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
I love it! Sometimes we just make things too complicated, don't we? You prop has a great affect for a quick throw together. Two thumbs up!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I wish my last minute props looked that good... heck I wish some of my month long props turned out that good.

Very creative way to do the base.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, our ducky did not like anything about Halloween. She took off for the pond.

The great thing about the life size Wiz was that I stood between him and the Grave Graber and acted like a static prop (dressed totaly in blake with a hood and no skin showing) holding the candy basket. I have a strange ability to stand still for a long time.

It was priceless when they reached for some candy and I jumped at them adding in the remote microphone conected to the megaphone (it post here, some where).

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Really nice prop there. Heck WAY better than some of the store bought ones I've seen. Has a nice quality to it. I liked the walking stick too BTW. Was that made or bought? It looks like the top of it might change colors? What kind of sound track did you add?

BTW I bought a wizard mask from Kmart this year after season, it's stored away now. If your wizard face came from there I'm know I'm going to like mine next year when I take it out to start planning. Thanks for reminding us how simple and elegant a good prop can be.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks; As this was a quick assembly there was no audio. Yea, the staff was from Party City and the orb dose change color.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts