Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a week offline, deep in the woods of northern Minnesota. When I got back, my first act was to (finally!) read Algernon Blackwood's short story "The Wendigo."

I've seen Larry Fessenden's film of the same name, and of course the Wendigo gets name-checked in the totally crazy movie "Ravenous" (a big fave). But if anyone has recommendations for stories or movies either about the Wendigo, or any kind of woods/forest/nature horror, feel free to pass them along!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I cannot think of any movies offhand, even though I am sure I have seen some. But I know there is an episode in the first season of Supernatural about wendigos.

·
Evil Wizard
2,145 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I cannot think of any movies offhand, even though I am sure I have seen some. But I know there is an episode in the first season of Supernatural about wendigos.
I was going to mention this. It's the second episode of the first season, and it's on Netflix :)

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
If you need a good laugh, go with the incoherent mess of live-action and claymation that is Winterbeast;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts