Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my first attempt at a scissor prop. The prop base is a bowflex workout machine. The scissor mechanism is made from t6061 1x2 aluminum. The prop travels in excess of ten feet. It contains 3 air cylinders, a rotating actuator, 3 solenoid valves, Houdini prop controller and a cowlacious sound board. The prop is triggered by a key chain remote.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wow.. now that is awesome!! That takes the haunt up a notch from "should I get candy at this house" to "OMFG run run run!!!". I bet kids would say that too... Make sure you light it.. that would look really good with some fog in the bushes and some lighting around it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
2nd for looking under the skirt...hmm, that doesn't sound right...

I'm trying to do something a bit the same/different...not sure how the end of the scissor gets attached to the prop...and would love to get that sound track...

Great build!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great job with that prop. I'd can imagine people falling backwards while trying to get away while it jumps outward. I'd setup a camera to record all of that!

·
Registered
638 Posts
great prop!! Any way you would be willing to post a few pics of the inner workings? "Undress her" so to speak?

·
Registered
848 Posts
How about a how to? or at least a peak of the goods (lol) . That things is so freaking scary!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd also like to see a tutorial if you would be so kind. I have a clown just dying to chase some TOT's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Outstanding job! The travel on that thing is incredible! I know what type of prop I need to work on for next year now. This is the first I've heard of a scissor prop. Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts