Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Same! I was worried. We were supposed to have horrid storms all day. We had a window from about 12-8. I managed to get 90% set up and we had a pretty big turn out considering. Just before 8 things died down and we quickly broke everything down. I was thinking I was going to have to hold off on most of my props this year, but with the rain holding off I was able to do the whole show, fog machine, everything. Very happy with that. Hope others were as fortunate.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
With all the talk of rain, we didn't have any the whole afternoon and evening. However, we had killer winds and they're getting worse by the minute here. Strong winds like these are just as bad as rain. Very small display compared to what I usually do. Tot count down this year because of the winds. All in all though, fun day.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Awesome haunt. Glad that Mother Nature played nice for you.

I was actually surprised in the turn out we got despite it being around 20*, light winds which made it feel cooler and snow on the ground. We were actually up around a dozen from last year and that was without most of the littler TOTs. So glad that I decided not to call Halloween off. It was pretty touch and go this past week as to whether I was going to even do Halloween or take everything down and store it away.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was feeling much the same way right up to two hours before 6pm, when the sun was slated to go down. Winds were bullying my props around, knocking things over and worse, and I hadn't even gotten all the lighting out. Fortunately, I managed to throw together a successful yard that brought decent numbers (for what we're used to) and hopefully happy memories for everybody involved. Weirdly, I got everything pulled down and the yard back to normal at the literally stroke of midnight. Coincidence? I don't think so. 🦇

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The weather gods were good from 3 to 10 last night, but they extracted their sacrifice later last night.

A possible tornado damaged a bunch of houses not to far away from us. Fortunately our house was fine but a few of my bigger props were knocked over out front and some were doing the limbo. A tree took out part of our fence out back.

I also found two of my props about a block away on the way to work.

I'm not complaining, others got it worse last night and it was still a good night for halloween.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The weather gods were good from 3 to 10 last night, but they extracted their sacrifice later last night.

A possible tornado damaged a bunch of houses not to far away from us. Fortunately our house was fine but a few of my bigger props were knocked over out front and some were doing the limbo. A tree took out part of our fence out back.

I'm not complaining, others got it worse last night and it was still a good night for halloween.

Oh dear, so sorry to hear about those who were affected by the tornado. Glad that your home and things left outside was overall spared from it. Happy that you had a pretty decent night otherwise.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We didn't have a tornado, but the Weather Gods were not kind to us last night either.
It rained most of the day Wednesday and all day Halloween which really limited what props we put out.
Then after 6PM the temps really dropped, more rain and the wind kicked up.
Finally around 7:30 it started to snow. Got almost an inch or more of accumulation on the grassy areas by the time it was through.
Got about a third of the ToT'ers we usually get. Can't remember the last time the weather was this bad on the Big Day.
I'm thinking about sacrificing a Goat to the Weather Gods next year.

·
Registered
127 Posts

I heard that on kyw this morning and wondered how your props fared in the rough overnight weather. We were getting a little of that wind ourselves about 11, luckily I had nothing outside that I was worried about. 40mph was the highest gust the weather station recorded here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts