Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't show as well in the pics as we would like (isn't that everyone's complaint?), but essentially each group is taken by this window. There is caution tape, and signs indicating "Pardon our dust, we are working to build a better camp for you" etc. The hostess would tell them "We are undergoing a little construction, and this guy is Dave. He is our BEST worker, and he'd probably appreciate a little wave." They would wave at dave, and dave (holding a piece of wood in his hand) waves back. He then puts the wood on a chop saw, and runs the saw and "blood" spatters the window right at their faces. The effect was to look like he had cut his hand. Had really wanted to do a bloody gushing stump, but time wouldn't allow so he just grabbed a bloody towel and made it look like he was in pain. He couldn't scream, since the gag was actually outside, you could hear the chop saw run while in line, but not know what was going on until you went through the haunt. Anyway, here are some pics.

Wave at Dave everybody.

OHHH NOOO!

Does anyone have a band aid?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
The pictures are great! Where does the blood go so that the next group of people don't see what's about to happen?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plastic was taped to the bottom of the window (actually all around, the spatter was pretty wide sometimes) and a 4x4 placed about 6" from the wall. We draped the plastic at the bottom over the 4x and made a trough. He kept a squeegee in a bucket, and after each group, quickly squeegeed the glass and it ran into the trough and into a pan. He attached the air tube in front of the blade (between the saw and the window). He put a "trap" in it (similar to what you see under your sink). Using a turkey baster, he put the fake blood in the little reservoir and would bump the air release and SPLAT . We got quite a variety of reactions. Thanks for the compliments :)

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,518 Posts
What a GREAT effect!!! You people are all so clever! I love this forum!!!

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
I am not much for using gore in my haunt.. but if I was... This would be an addition! got to show this one to the wife she is an EH&S coordinator out in industrial America she'll laugh her butt off!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts