Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
My little girl loves this guy, she's 2 1/2.

There's another decoration that Walmart sells that she's scared to death of, so we avoid that aisle totally. Maybe this mom should have avoided the halloween department since her kids are so sensitive.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Its a fine line. There are many kids out there who scare easily. I try extremely hard to stay away from scary props. But some kids really like them, look at the Spirit store for example.

While I sympathize with the mother I'm not sure she should demand the prop be removed though because of her kids.

If you want to scare adults, make a political pollster prop (ie a young goofy grinning kid with a clipboard knocking on your door) That would scare the heck out of me! :D

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well. The thing is at a lot of the Super Center's the Halloween stuff is right about in the middle of the Gorcery half of the store. I guess that was the case here because it said the store people moved the display somewhere else. I guess it is understandable. I see it was 3 girls all under 3 years old. It still just seems crazy to me, but then I've always loved Halloween deocrations.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
or maybe a mom that DECIDED it's too scary for litte kids.......... ya know the ones that think we're satanists & complain to the city bldg inspectors,home owner assoc.,
The ones that think we're crazy for shopping for halloween stuff in sept,but are looking for the xmas displays/stuff in sept themselves........ :rolleyes:
Ya you get some kids that are scared of some of our simple stuff,but these days it seems like the kids are used to it from movies,tv, etc & want to see scary stuff !
especially those 13-16'ers that "aren't scared of anything"...LOL ya know the ones that are soooo tough they kick your props to prove it.......

·
Registered
219 Posts
HAHA that's good news for me because I bought him like 2 months ago...can't wait to put him outside for Halloween! ;)

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I personally cannot stand people like this woman. The 'I don't like it, so no one should have it/see it' attitude that she has is ridiculous. Plus, to say that she "cannot tell the girls it's only a toy, that it's not real" is a load of bull; does she expect everyone to do her parenting for her?:confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Let me guess...Her attorney will be contacting Wallpo witha a settlement offer for the emotional damage inflicted on her poor children...UGH! PEOPLE like this scare me more than any cheap fake monster!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Pulease, my kids wouldn't even give a prop like that a second glance. Growing up in my house they've seen just about everything where Halloween is concerned. But I do see where these kids might have been scared, that is if thier mother has sheltered them so much that they don't realize that there are decorations like this out there, she must take her kids Trunk or Treating instead of the real deal. LOL:D

·
Registered
252 Posts
I truly believe that the scares that youngsters get at Halloween is just another stepping stone of growing up. The older you get, the less props scare you; and to children outgrowing or getting too old for a scare it just makes them feel big. My daughter is a perfect example. She has been scared of everything since she was old enough to know the difference. Every year it's been "I don't like that decoration Daddy, will you please take it down?" Which ofcourse I do, and she did some sleeping in our bed a few Octobers. Now though she is totally into Halloween and all the scary stuff doesn't even phase her. She feels like a big girl now and is wanting to join in on the fun and decorate and scare people. Heck she was the first one to start asking me to bring out the decorations which I had planned on not doing this year, but who can disappoint someone who is just starting to really get into HALLOWEEN?
I've seen some people who were sheltered too much througout their childhood, and now they're living in their mom's basement at 40, so sad.

·
Registered
170 Posts
let me guess the next part of the story. mother is going to sue walmart for emotioanl distress. my local walmart dosent have anything good this year. whats up with that.

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
This reminds me of a woman I saw with her two young daughters at a Spirit Halloween store. When they walked into the store, one of the girls started saying that some of the decor was so scary so the sales associate had to take those pieces and keep them. Isn't that terrible? The rest of the shoppers didn't even get to see those pieces because of one little girl. Why bring young kids there if they know that they're going to freak out?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wow. I'm speechless.

My four year old saw him last year (the mini-version at Walgreens) and convinced me to buy it. Harry was the first prop I pulled out this year.

And this year, my older son and I were in Jewel and he was trying to reach the button to make Harry go off. The Jewel employee that was standing near us was shocked the he wasn't scared by it. I was so proud of him ... he looked right at her and said "He isn't scary. We have him in our living room."

1 - 20 of 36 Posts