Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mother Nature, nuff said.
She has caused more damage today than any vandal has ever caused in my yard. Hopefully I can pull off a miracle and be able to repair the damages before the big day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
100% agree. I live down the street from 3 schools (high school, middle and elementry). So I have kids of all ages walking past my house all day long. Surprisingly enough, they haven't layed a finger on anything yet.

But monther nature is being a little b!%&* this year with my props.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yeah...Same here. Day 2 of relentless winds.Feels like it will never end. Just grabbed a broken roof that flew off and smacked against my window during one of the latest strong gusts. Thankfully it was foam but it smacked it pretty loud. Chased the pieces down, just tried gluing it back together and keep hoping it ends. So many people are bummed when it rains but where I'm from I expect that and hope it's just the drizzling type but strong winds are a force that can't be bargained with.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pride myself on how well I secure everything. This is the first year I have had this much damage. Last year we had a hurricane blow through early October and nothing moved.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
Tell me about it. We have heavy winds and downpours scheduled for Halloween this year. It sucks because most of the stuff I was planning to put out isn't waterproof. :mad:

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
30 mph wind gusts. Had to scale waaaaay back this year. No fog - no cloaked figures, no big flat props, and some super creative ways of keeping things in place.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
One of my pumpkins, a gravestone and a bit of fence got creamed by a tree limb last week. It's mostly fixed now, but what a mess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts