Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
A 5"X7" changing picture, some sound EFX, "chilling music", an online book and some old movies. To me, that doesn't sound like an Ultimate anything. You can get sound effects and haunt music free on the internet if you look around enough. Unless your gonna have a tv in your window or outside your haunt, (or unless your a horror fan like me) the movies are no bonus and a lil 5X7 picture won't really stand out. I'd save my money and find a better bargain elsewhere.....just my thoughts though.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I'd pass. I think it's kind of a rip off. The sound effects are most likely all clustered together only being like 8 seconds a sound. It's not presented all that well either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know somebody who bought this and ended up selling it off again on eBay.

Not really one to trash others products since I am in the same grave with my own how-to-haunt discs, but I do believe this kit will benefit the novice haunter.

For instance the first time haunter may get inspired and help out some with the basics, it may kick-start their journey into the Darkside, but if you have already found Halloween Forum, you have all the resources you need at your fingertips.

Buying the DVD on Amazon or eBay would be cheaper, but who watches movies during parties or handing out candy?

Want to make your own sound FX? Easy as 1,2,3. Simply download Audacity; it is a free sound recorder. Just hook up a microphone to the computer and you are ready to start recording all kinds of sounds, then save the files and start messing with them like slowing them down, change pitch, add echo, reverb, reverse, it’s quite simple and more gratifying knowing you produced the sounds yourself, and it doesn’t sound like a grown man trying to meow or growl, we all have had those discs before. I have been using Audacity since around 2001 or so for my AM Radio gig, I used it to produce my Haunted House Soundscape CD and still use it today to record, edit & produce The Comedy Of Fears Show.

But back to the ultimate kit, it belongs in Target & Wal-Mart & Spirit stores where it will serve it’s purpose to the one weekend a year worrier, but for those that share this disease, this burning passion to haunt, this kit would probably won’t take you to the next level, yet this is only my opinion and I wish the manufacturer & distributors of the kit much success…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts