Halloween Forum banner

Would a Haunters Reference Book/Guide be helpful for you?

• Thank the Gods !!! This would be Awsome!

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Sounds cool if it was done well

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • I guess I could use it on some rare occassions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, I can see no need for such a silly guide!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am putting together a Haunters Reference Handbook, that I would make available to everyone for free. Possibly, here if management here will provide a link point. The document would be a "Living Document" that would constantly be updated and hopefully useful for everyone from a beginner to a pro haunter. There is so much good information that gets buried into discussions in forums like this one, and as we all know, it can take hours of searching to dig it out, if you know where to look.

I have been a haunter going on 16 years now, so I have much information that can be helpful in many aspects of a haunt. My purpose in all of this is not to create a "How to Book", rather the ultimate reference book that would be divided up into different sections, i.e., electronics, pneumatics, lighting, sound, set decoration materials, hardware, terminology, etc. The intent is to have the reference information at your finger tips, somewhat like a Haunters “Wikipedia” with more focused detail. For example, let’s say you want to make LED eyes, this reference book would give you some reference material that tells you what an LED is, what types, and examples on how to connect it, and possibly some links on where to buy and or links to some projects. I am not sure if links to the projects will work all that well, as people’s websites do not always stay up or the same, and that would be more work to keep that updated than I have.

So what I am looking for are people that would like to contribute reference information that you have gathered that was helpful for you, even if it is a link to a website. Being a Haunt Master, you have to be somewhat of a “Jack of All Trades”, so it is difficult to be an expert in all things, so getting some experts to contribute information in their respective areas would be great as well.

This reference book is not ever going to be for sale, so if you’re going to ask for rights to be paid for the information you supply, sorry you will have to put together your own book. There are already plenty of books out there that are for sale that were derived from much of the work many of us have shared over the years, so this book will never be for sale, it will hopefully make everyone’s life easier and give the needed information for someone just trying to build a new cool prop or event .

Please let me know if you’re interested in helping, if this type of information would be helpful or any comment you may have about this plan

Thanks All !

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! Don't get me wrong, I love Monsterlist and I search the thing a LOT, but everything is willy nilly. I'd love to have better catagories! Tombstones/Bodies/Masks/Hands/ etc etc etc. That would be amazing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts