Halloween Forum banner

The Ultimate Autumn Decoration...

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  kallie 
#1 ·
In the back right corner of my yard was a 60 foot Ash tree, about 70 years old or so. It is the tree that my brothers and I first learned to climb, and had a lot of good memories. Unfortunately the ravages of time have not been kind to the old fellow, and about a week ago he was cut down, and even had to endure the final indignity of having his stump ground into nothingness.

Just 3 days ago my wife, my 6 year old daughter and I embarked on a journey to the north of our home, to an old established tree farm. There we made the arrangements for the delivery of the ultimate autumnal centrepiece - a 22 foot "Autumn Blaze" Maple tree. As the name implies, it changes in the autumn from green to a brilliant red, gold and orange display. The coloured leaves will be gathered and raked to the front of our house, adding to the vibrant yellows of the Ash trees and the sombre brown of the Oaks. These leaves will be the canopy for my daughter to jump in, and add to the parody "Pumpkin Patch" at her Halloween party, where small pumpkins will be scattered to by "harvested" by her guests, and carved by assorted moms and dads. Still later, as the season closes, the leaves will serve as the makeshift covering of our Halloween graveyard.

#6 ·
sounds really cool iam glad you got something to start new memorys with your family !

#8 ·
Here in S.Ontario the cost for the tree was $550, delivery $80 - but to have them plant the tree and garantee it for 5 years, $600. This extra cost was well worth it, considering that if something went wrong, that money would be wasted. As well, the installation is done by professionals - done right the first time and any potential problems identified ahead of time, not 4 years down the road :)

Once it is delivered I will post some pics, and again this autumn when it changes colour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.