Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 18 years of home haunting. The Township came to me and asked me orchestrate a family friendly Halloween event for this year.

Needless to say, I was thrilled. I had to created three different options to fit their huge barn and they selected one. I have to admit I am a bit nervous. I have never done an event this large before. And if no one signs up I have to fill it myself.

If you are from the area and would like to be apart of it, please let me know.

For detail please vist the link below or go to Announcements / Press Releases

·
Registered
38 Posts
After 18 years of home haunting. The Township came to me and asked me orchestrate a family friendly Halloween event for this year.

Needless to say, I was thrilled. I had to created three different options to fit their huge barn and they selected one. I have to admit I am a bit nervous. I have never done an event this large before. And if no one signs up I have to fill it myself.

How exciting, congratulations! What an honor! I am all the way across the states in California, but sending you luck. Please share your event details as they unfold.

·
Registered
Dystopian CyberTech
135 Posts

Now this is just a thought, but do you think a "contest" is the best way to attract participants? I think that, perhaps, framed that way might scare some would-be builders off from joining in if they are new builders or work on a more limited budget. What about more of a "showcase" (scarecase?) featuring the vast and diverse talent from the terrifying townsfolk of New Hanover, something like that?
Again, just a thought. I can only imagine the honor I would feel if the town asked me to fulfill just a role. Whatever you decide though, they obviously believe in you based on what you've already done, it's going to be great!
As I consider your opportunity, you are fortunate in my opinion since there's so much you could do. I would be able to run my Hallowe'en Quest in full with that level of interest and volunteers looking to really do it up. Every year I can only run snippets.
This year is a special opportunity, since Hallowe'en falls on a Monday. That gives you the weekend prior to really set things off. In my quest, the neighbourhood will contain various mysterious clues as to what's going on. I have found that $1 comic books are a good way to include cards, info, whatever in the sleeve that points to something you're doing. Also, dollar store treasure chests are fun to hide in the area to quest for. I don't mind sharing this since I can't get any in Other Russia (Canada) this year anyway, at least not the cool 5x7" and 8x11" ones I had the last couple years. I'd put loot in them, seal them with a wax seal kit and put them in a freezer bag with a note inside the chest that said "don't eat any of the contents if you found the wax seal broken" and a little item list and link to the medium I was using to lay out the quest (esp. for the parents, so they know I'm not some weirdo...well, you know what I mean)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now this is just a thought, but do you think a "contest" is the best way to attract participants? I think that, perhaps, framed that way might scare some would-be builders off from joining in if they are new builders or work on a more limited budget. What about more of a "showcase" (scarecase?) featuring the vast and diverse talent from the terrifying townsfolk of New Hanover, something like that?
Again, just a thought. I can only imagine the honor I would feel if the town asked me to fulfill just a role. Whatever you decide though, they obviously believe in you based on what you've already done, it's going to be great!
As I consider your opportunity, you are fortunate in my opinion since there's so much you could do. I would be able to run my Hallowe'en Quest in full with that level of interest and volunteers looking to really do it up. Every year I can only run snippets.
This year is a special opportunity, since Hallowe'en falls on a Monday. That gives you the weekend prior to really set things off. In my quest, the neighbourhood will contain various mysterious clues as to what's going on. I have found that $1 comic books are a good way to include cards, info, whatever in the sleeve that points to something you're doing. Also, dollar store treasure chests are fun to hide in the area to quest for. I don't mind sharing this since I can't get any in Other Russia (Canada) this year anyway, at least not the cool 5x7" and 8x11" ones I had the last couple years. I'd put loot in them, seal them with a wax seal kit and put them in a freezer bag with a note inside the chest that said "don't eat any of the contents if you found the wax seal broken" and a little item list and link to the medium I was using to lay out the quest (esp. for the parents, so they know I'm not some weirdo...well, you know what I mean)
Interesting concept. However, that might attract too many people to join. We only have 5-15 spots available. And since this is a family friendly event, nobody takes it too serious. Most people around here have competed in other types of events and it is all in “good fun”. If the turn out is bad this year, we can always do something like you suggest next year. Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
Dystopian CyberTech
135 Posts
Interesting concept. However, that might attract too many people to join. We only have 5-15 spots available. And since this is a family friendly event, nobody takes it too serious. Most people around here have competed in other types of events and it is all in “good fun”. If the turn out is bad this year, we can always do something like you suggest next year. Thank you for your reply.
Be sure to post here so we can all see your hard work. Super jealous.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Last weekend I decide to update a few props for the Upcoming event. 1st I created a new pumpkin for my headless horseman.

Then I updated the head of my Frankenstein’s monster. I am not sure if I am done with him. He looks a bit alien to me. But that could be a good thing. What do you think?

There are still spots open if you want to join the fun or if you would like to Volunteer See above for details.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Super cool idea, as long as it's not competing with the 31st. Better then trunk or treat.
It should all be simple, BUT it can quickly get out of hand, good luck.
Beaware - "Insane asylum" can be a sensitive theme. A local, non-profit, does an annual Halloween themed, they took a lot of $*&! on that theme several precovid years ago.
keep us advised
Jerseyscare

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Super cool idea, as long as it's not competing with the 31st. Better then trunk or treat.
It should all be simple, BUT it can quickly get out of hand, good luck.
Beaware - "Insane asylum" can be a sensitive theme. A local, non-profit, does an annual Halloween themed, they took a lot of $*&! on that theme several precovid years ago.
keep us advised
Jerseyscare
Good point. Maybe I'll take that one off the list. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts