Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just wanted to share this short story. I'm working from home today. The doorbell rings and when I open the door their is an older gentleman who smiles but says nothing and presents me with a rat (prop rat - not alive or dead...LOL) I didn't really know what to say for a moment when he finally spoke and said he bought it for his grand daughter but it was too real and scared her so he thought he could give it to us instead. So after confirming he just wanted us to have it I told him we would be sure to use it. That made him smile and he turned to head back to the car wishing me a nice day.

That was a pretty cool start to my Friday.:)

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Its events like those that make me happy to be doing what I am doing! :D

Congrats on welcoming a new rat to your haunt lol

Reactions: Nightlites13

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Your nice neighbor made me smile while reading this. I love him. What a nice thing to do and I can just imagine him coming to my door holding a rat by the tail and presenting it to me! Kind of like when you have mouser cat that brings you presents. I hope you both have a wonderful halloween and he visits your house on Halloween with his granddaughter.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your nice neighbor made me smile while reading this. I love him. What a nice thing to do and I can just imagine him coming to my door holding a rat by the tail and presenting it to me! Kind of like when you have mouser cat that brings you presents. I hope you both have a wonderful halloween and he visits your house on Halloween with his granddaughter.
Really hope he comes back too. Thank you.

·
Registered
363 Posts
simliar exprence

nice. had a similar thing happen working on my hearse the little girl from next door brought me some silk rose's and ask if I could use them on my
Halloween stuff/ had to put them on the hearse right then and there even though the were alive looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boone, That's really cool. Amazing hearse by the way. I'ts the idea that they thought of you that's so nice. I know mine is just a little plastic rat but the guy took the trouble to drive over here and was so happy that someone would use it. Sounds like the flowers was the same thing. Have I mentioned your hearse is amazing?
Happy haunting

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
I had a neighbor that I've never seen before show up at my door one Saturday morning last winter. Asked me if I wanted the Halloween decoration he was holding for free.
Truthfully, the thing was very big, and a bit too "evil" looking for my display. (I try to go for spooky and creepy, but kid-friendly.)
I really didn't want to hurt his feelings and say no, so I took it. I thought afterwards I should have told him, "No, but I can take it and find a good home for it".

This thing had a price tag on it that read $200, original price. I don't foresee ever using it. I need to find a local haunter that might want it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
That is a very sweet story! My neighbors did something very similar. They have accumulated a lot of decorations over the years, and they're getting too tired to put everything. So they invited me over to pick out what I wanted to borrow this year. It was like shopping at a thrift store, for free! People are good.

·
Registered
897 Posts
There is a lady in town who comes over every Halloween to see my decorations and she likes to visit the witches den on my deck to see all the potion bottles. She brought a small antique looking bottle to me last year that she found when she was digging in her garden. She thought I could use it in my decorating. It is nice when people think of you isn't it? Especially when it is a surprise. The small stuff does matter and really isn't that small when you think about how we feel after someone has done something thoughtful for us.

Marie

·
Registered
454 Posts
The rat is cursed; throw it out!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those are great stories. It proves that we all have some really cool neighbors.
We're doing a haunted Voo Doo swamp in our front yard this year, and I have two neighbors who have offered me their lawn alligators to use. I didn't know those three-piece cement alligators were that popular!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts