Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a horror movie themed setup this year and one section will be the thing. Have completed these 2 props so far. Have pneumatic tubes in the standing guy so the tentacles will whip around when ppl trigger it. So far I am pretty pleased with how they r coming together!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! Cant wait to set them up in the yard in oct! working on the ring and silent hill props too this week! Might do a jeepers creepers one too.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Those are excellent, battlestar81. I have always had a fondness for the 'spider head' monster (toy companies couldn't have marketed one?!:D).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those are excellent, battlestar81. I have always had a fondness for the 'spider head' monster (toy companies couldn't have marketed one?!:D).
I found a few kits they sold back in the day of a life size one but couldn't find one for sale sadly. So I threw this one together by buying a 20$ severed head, 6$ tentacle eyes that were on a head band I ripped off and painted, and got a 9 buck spider from walmart and cut off the legs and coated the fury spider legs with liquid latex and paint. Works for me! lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok finally have most my display up. Here is the thing section of my yard. I have red flickering lights at night and fog running from behind the barrels with the fake fire effect on top. This is just a video of the pneumatic tubes I setup to go off when people walk by. Thanks!

·
Registered
401 Posts
LOL, that's great.

I have to say that of all of the various horror films out there, The Thing has always been the only one to really creep me out...especially that priceless scene with the Norris spider head.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
As a true fan of the film... OUTSTANDING WORK! Just remember to burn them after Halloween. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts