Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watching this?
I saw the pilot last week, it was OK. I would watch it again. It's a nice little twist on the Vampire theme.

Some good actors (and some bad), but it has promise. I liked it better then Sleep Hollow.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
I just watched the first episode. It's not a perfect show, but I loved it and look forward to seeing more,

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Ever notice how many "New Shows" seem to lose their original writers rather soon? Many times the quality takes a noticeable drop about then, or it gets "silly-Stupid."
It also seems the writers who come later always try the more "popular" story lines, avoiding any thing possibly risky or "new" at all.
Any show that is more unpredictable than most will always keep my interest much longer... but then I started watching "Television" about 60 years ago!
Too bad for me! "Radio" was much more stimulating on the "Imaginator!"

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,487 Posts
I read all the books back to back after the 3rd one came out so I'm sorta remembering as it goes along. But so far they're being pretty faithful to the books, even in the look of the vamps.

LOVE the exterminator. His blue-black hair reminds me of my father's hair. He did that to his hair & goatee once & said "never again." I'm ready for some of these folks to meet.

I'll be interested to see if they Dome this & keep it going longer than it needs to, string the books out over several seasons, or if they do a book a season then quit. Or if it gets canceled after this season. I hope not. I like seeing "real" horror on TV again and this one is working so far.

There have been some critics complaining about the whole child custody thing but that does come into play later. I can't wait to see what The Master looks like because if nothing else, Del Toro makes interesting monsters.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,487 Posts
Oh so nice to see a scary, gory vampires again. Those things are just the stuff of serious nightmares. I like that we know Sertrakian's back story now.

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
I just started watching this, because of this thread, and I'm loving it so far. Very interesting take on the vampire concept. Better than glittering in the sunshine ever could be. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Haven't had a chance to read the books yet, but the series is, so far, very entertaining. Has a good cast, some decent BOO! scenes and a good story.
Plus the vampires are unique looking. I'll stick with it for now.
BTW, the show has been renewed for a second season.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Anyone else disappointed with the revealing of the Master. I expected this ultimate horrific vampire and I thought the look fell short. It wasn't bad from the side. I mean, the whole, no nose thing, is pretty freaky looking. However, from the front, it sort of looked like a cross between Humpy Dumpty and a Teletubby.:D

Rob

·
Registered
775 Posts
I thought it was perfect, his face looked super horrific and vampirey.
From the side seemed ok. Perhaps because of the build up, I was expecting to see the most horrific vampire to date. I think that Nosferatu from the 1920's had a scarier look. It is not bad, but if you watch the show Face Off and see what they can do and some of them don't even work in Hollywood. I expected more.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with Phantom Stranger on the show. The show is pretty good, so far. Hoping is doesn’t just go into repeat mode with the killings and nothing else, to keep it going. I really agree with undead_october (Rob) on The Master. I expected more. It looked a bit cartoony to me. Like he had an allergic reaction to something and swelled up. It was disappointing for “The Master”. Eichhorst looks creepier.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,487 Posts
I swear I missed the Master reveal. I'll have to check it out again. Wanna know what's more effed up than the Master? Vampire kids. They're all kinds of wrong.

I like the direction they're going with the mother. They have a reason but I won't spoil it.

What I find interesting is getting to see how people are reacting to this "disease." The denial, the slow & eventual breakdown, how easy it is to turn people, you don't have to get "bitten" to turn. In the books you know people are turning though you don't really get to see many turn & now we get to see how in make believe real life we'd deal.

Which is turning out to be not very well. I find the story very timely with the Ebola outbreak, the whooping cough comeback & a few other outbreaks of meningitis we've had locally.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I binged watched the first ten episodes this weekend. Not a bad show. About a B+ in my book. They almost "jumped the shark" with me when they had the black hooded monster hit squad appear in one episode.

I was hoping that it would be more like World War Z and a little less fiction. Though, I really enjoyed how they tied in the relationship between the old vampire killer ( I will not use the perjorative term) and the main villain henchman.

·
Registered
775 Posts
It is a really good show. It is a cross between The Walking Dead and Blade 2. However, I still can't get into the look of The Master. After last night's up close look, I can say with certainty that I am not really a fan of it. It is not bad, just not really scary enough for such a powerful creepy character.

Rob

1 - 20 of 37 Posts