Halloween Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is that plastic fencing you buy. I bought mine from Party City here in Maryland. Then I use flat spray paint to cover most of that crappy white paint they put all over it. Most people think it's real rodiron fencing. The facade I made myelf along with the boarded up front door. I have the window to do next and then work on tomb stones and then it's the haunted garage. Thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
how did you attach the boards to the door?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Looks great! Be sure to post more pics.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some more pictures. I just added the boarded up windows and some tomb stones. The nicer ones will be put out on Halloween day for that night. As for how I did the boarded up door and windows. Both have a wooden frame. If you look closely around the door. You can see a black frame. It is made of of 2"x2" wood and just screw the old pieces of wood to the frame. It might take some measuring as you dont want to angle the board out to far where you can't get it to fit up against the door. I then just sat it in place in front of the front door. Put two small screws into the door frame and used green hobby wire to keep it on place. The weight of it is sitting on the ground. As for the windows. Same thing. Wooded frame painted close to the same color as the window trim. I screwed in two small hooks ( or you can use the eyelet screws ) and sat the frame on the hooks. Very easy to do.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Nice job! You have a great yard to work with.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Love the graveyard so far its looking great. Just wondering, where does everyone live on here? Everyone seems to have the nicest houses. I live in Phoenix and the houses here are so boring. Your house is picturesque with a great front yard. I think I need to move. Oh sorry.......its looking great keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I live in the Rockville/Bethesda, Maryland area. I am about 5 minutes north from NIH and NNMC ( Naval Hospital ). I actually own two houses, one right next to the other. I moved a year ago into the one in the pictures. But I just added a link to my 2007 win for the creepiest crib contest for our local Fox affilate station. You will notice same boarded up door and windows used on my other house. I just figured out how to hang them and that was it. The renters wanted me to let them stay for their haunt, but I couldn't part with them.

Here is the link: Holly Morris: Creepy Crib Contest Winner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts