Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Do you have any idea where or what context you heard it before? Any videos or commercials or anything? We have several sound/music experts here but it would be lovely to have more to go on to help search.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I actually heard it in a Haunted house ride in a local amusement park near me. The sound is very hard to describe, it starts out with a high pitched almost a child like laughter then goes into a burp sounding growl then a witch cackle.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
May be original or they may have made their own mashup out of existing sound effects. I know my town's old amusement park's dark ride used sound effects recorded by the owner's sons and their friends. Miss that place!

So as I personally don't recognize the sound (not saying I would have, but I have heard LOTS of sound effects!) I'm going to throw out a few sites to check out, and hope that some of our more savvy and briliant sound engineer folks pop in and have the answer for you (it's scary how some of them can just tell you the obscure stuff instantly: "it was from a creepy sound album first printed in 1973, released on LABEL name and I have a copy of that in my collection!") :D

So my suggestions:

One of our resident experts - so much awesomeness, and he might even pass through on this site... but it's the slow season now. He's a moderator here tho, so it can be hoped. ;)

^lovely, amazing site that isn't updated but still exists - fortunately for all that search for the cool/unusual Halloween/Horror stuff

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I actually have a clip of the sound in my camera roll but not sure how to post in the replies so you can hear it.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Can you upload it to like Youtube or someplace like freesound.org ?

Typical Ghoul Next Door
That definitely sounds like several distinct laughs/groans that have been spliced together to me.

I've not heard that particular sequence before, but the rapid-fire giggle/cackle seems familiar so I'll do some digging and hope someone else can help identify.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
That definitely sounds like several distinct laughs/groans that have been spliced together to me.

I've not heard that particular sequence before, but the rapid-fire giggle/cackle seems familiar so I'll do some digging and hope someone else can help identify.
Thanks! I hope it鈥檒l be possible to find

Registered
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

If only there was like a website were you can record a sound effect clip from a phone or something and it would tell what the effect is.

Prince of Arkham Asylum
If only there was like a website were you can record a sound effect clip from a phone or something and it would tell what the effect is.
Not sure if this last comment was sarcasm, but Shazam? That's exactly what Shazam is. 馃榿 I think finding a random sound effect is unlikely, especially a clip that short, but it's worth a shot. Hope you find it though!

Prince of Arkham Asylum
I tried Shazaming this sound effect. As expected, it didn't recognize it. My guess is it's a custom mix. Sorry I couldn't help.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I tried Shazaming this sound effect. As expected, it didn't recognize it. My guess is it's a custom mix. Sorry I couldn't help.
Thanks I appreciate the help. I hope someone will eventually be able to tell me what it鈥檚 called or what sounds are mixed.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
I actually forgot to mention there is like a 3 second almost child like laugh or cry before it goes into the sinister laughter but unfortunately I wasn鈥檛 able to catch it in a video with good sound but I do have it on video it鈥檚 just hard to hear.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
I've never heard that sound effect before....Since you mentioned the park you recorded it from is local, your best bet is to talk to the people that work the haunted house....If your lucky, someone that knows the haunted house ride very well might know exactly where it came from......Good Luck...ZR
That may work because last year the guy who operates it knew that I was such a big fan of the Haunted house he gave me a lights on walkthrough tour of the ride but I completely forgot to ask him about the effect. I鈥檒l be sure to in May when they open if he is there again this year.

Forbidden Cryptkeeper
May be original or they may have made their own mashup out of existing sound effects. I know my town's old amusement park's dark ride used sound effects recorded by the owner's sons and their friends. Miss that place!

So as I personally don't recognize the sound (not saying I would have, but I have heard LOTS of sound effects!) I'm going to throw out a few sites to check out, and hope that some of our more savvy and briliant sound engineer folks pop in and have the answer for you (it's scary how some of them can just tell you the obscure stuff instantly: "it was from a creepy sound album first printed in 1973, released on LABEL name and I have a copy of that in my collection!") :D

So my suggestions:

One of our resident experts - so much awesomeness, and he might even pass through on this site... but it's the slow season now. He's a moderator.
that would be me. Lol. I have heard a lot of sound effects, but that is a new one on me. Not sure what the effect was they were trying to make...lol. I agree I think it is probably a sound bite someone at the park made themselves. Sorry I couldn't help you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts