Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

My plan is to go "all out" this Halloween with new facades for everything. One new addition is a pub facade (the Slaughtered Lamb) that will go around my tool shed in the front yard.

Here is what I have been able to build so far. This is the basic 1x1 framing that the styrofoam sheets will go over. In this pic, I have created an animated GIF to show you what it will, hopefully, look like when I'm done.

Just like my other facades, this piece will come apart in sheets and will be able to stack for storage. Here is another animated GIF to show the current panels and how they would come apart.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Is this on the right hand side of your driveway?

It's looking fantastic - I'm just trying to envision where this is going to be in your haunt.
I like the "old world" architectural styling...your entire haunt is going to look incredible!

·
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, this will be going on the right side of my driveway. It will be snug up against the garage, which houses the tower and apothecary. This is the first year I will actually put up a facade for the shed. In years past, I've just done some webbing and a coffin. Simple stuff.

·
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't wait to see it...what are your neighbors saying about all the construction?
My immediate neighbors actually get a kick out of seeing things come together. They're very complimentary. Most of the construction is glue and paint, which is pretty quiet. I set things up so I can see how they are progressing, but then I take it apart again and store it until October.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,393 Posts
Wow looking good. I bet the neighbors are getting the itch. How could anyone not want to start their own Halloween village if they saw this kind of stuff going on? :)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
As a regular frequenter of English hostelries, I feel qualified to say You're doing a great job there TK!!
I do hope you will be keeping the authenticity going by serving warm ale, singing lewd songs and brawling drunkenly with the neighbours on Halloween night.:D

·
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The beer will be served (to family and friends) inside the house. :D

I really like Blue Moon, Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale, and ShockTop Belgian. Guess I'm mainly a Belgian White kinda guy. Of course, it would go completely against my nature to refuse a Guinness!!
I'm just not a hops fan -- can't enjoy an IPA.

My wife is a little nervous about the "Slaughtered Lamb" sign. She things it might be too icky for little ToTs. For now, she's just thinking of possible alternatives, so I'm going to keep building. Hopefully, when she sees the work I put into the sign, she won't argue against it. I mean, c'mon! It's the Slaughtered Lamb!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
How 'bout the neutered wolf?

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Way to go TK. Really like the animation, gives an idea of the finished product in advance. Slaughtered Lamb, accept no substitutes!

·
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How 'bout the neutered wolf?
Ouch! Hey, now. :p

For several years, we have tried to make a ToT friendly yard haunt. We have silly bluckies doing silly things, funny epitaphs, etc. This year, with Halloween on a Saturday night, I really want to pull out all the stops and create a halloween village. Then I will just site back for the next couple of years and have fun with smaller set dressing.

The Slaughtered Lamb is a direct homage to American Werewolf in London.

I love the film and I have always wanted to incorporate the Slaughtered Lamb into my haunt. This year's Halloween Village is finally my opportunity.

I am trying to explain to my wife that the sign I will build will be carved 2" dense stryrofoam and will look more like a wood carving than the "painted" version of the Slaughtered Lamb.

It's my thought that a "wood carving" version of the sign will be far less "icky" for the kids, but still grant me the satisfaction of acknowledging a movie I have loved for years.

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
That's going to be SO AWESOME! I think the Slaughtered Lamb sign is fine for TOTs. It's going to be hung up high, and it's just (for lack of a better term) messy enough to be unclear to the youngest ones. And I agree with you on the wood carving version.....Hmm....I may just have to make one myself...is that black and white image what you'll be using as a template? Love the animations, by the way (I'm a sucker for cool graphics).

·
Registered
483 Posts
The facade is going to be amazing! I also like how you put in the animation - really helps to visualize the build. Looking forward to seeing it as it comes together. I think the slaughtered Lamb sign will be fine if you're going for carved wood. Besides I found out years ago that kids are so focused on getting to the door where the candy is very few of them look up so as long as you hang it like in your mock-up only the older kids and adults will pick up on it. Can't wait to see it finished.

·
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's going to be SO AWESOME! I think the Slaughtered Lamb sign is fine for TOTs. It's going to be hung up high, and it's just (for lack of a better term) messy enough to be unclear to the youngest ones. And I agree with you on the wood carving version.....Hmm....I may just have to make one myself...is that black and white image what you'll be using as a template? Love the animations, by the way (I'm a sucker for cool graphics).
Thanks for animated GIF compliment.

Yes, the Black & White version is the version I will be using as a template. I am going to redraw it to clean it up a bit (get rid of some of the faux wood grain) and then I will carve it into both sides of a hanging sign of 2" styro.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
The facade is going to be amazing! I also like how you put in the animation - really helps to visualize the build. Looking forward to seeing it as it comes together. I think the slaughtered Lamb sign will be fine if you're going for carved wood. Besides I found out years ago that kids are so focused on getting to the door where the candy is very few of them look up so as long as you hang it like in your mock-up only the older kids and adults will pick up on it. Can't wait to see it finished.
I noticed that as well about the little ones not looking at anything but the door...it seems I ONLY have kids like that every year and it's the parents that notice the decorations.

Love the theme TK4....it was my favorite movie as well!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts