Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,604 Posts
While we've been building/buying for our haunt for the past few weeks, I tend to agree that after Labor Day, Halloween seems more "tangible". We've been in the throes of horribly hot weather so it doesn't even seem like fall and it's been too hot to even work on stuff. Supposed to drop in to the low 70's and even 60's for highs later on this week so it will start to feel like the Halloween season.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just finished my graveyard fence just waiting on the ends to arrive though was miserable hot outside with a humidity that felt over 110:mad:

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Yes! "SEASON!"
Last night we were much more busy than usual, we had 33 paying customers of almost all ages.
If you are laughing at the small number (33) this has never been a "Run-through" haunt,walking only.
Tour duration is usually very close to 90 minutes,so, yes I was running,talking,joking,scaring almost non-stop from the afternoon to late last night for "just" 33 people who will never find another Haunted House Show like the one we have here.
The saving Grace will always be is that almost everyone going through this house is so distracted and entertained, that nobody usually realizes that 90 minutes just passed them by.
Of course everything I just typed here would never be happening ,if I wasn't having the time of my life doing all of this and doing it My Way!
30 of the 33 visitors were first timers here.
Some smaller children were very apprehensive about coming in. when this happens my wife asks if someone standing there in the ticket line has been here before? Then she asks those people to give the nervous ones their opinion....
.. but last night with everyone almost all being "first-timers", she had to try something different.
She asked the kids going in ahead of the scared kids to report back after they finished their tour to the scared kids still outside.. and this worked Very Well!
(I would have never thought of this in a million years!)
"Hurray For My Wife!"

Reactions: 6-paq

·
Registered
293 Posts
An old friend contacted me on Facebook to let me know that she was moving and wanted to get rid of some Halloween stuff. A fog machine, juice, spiders, gravestones, and a plugin pumpkin, all for free. Not bad. It put me in the mood to check out Joann Fabrics to pick up some supplies to get my Halloween crafting starting! It felt great to see all of the Halloween stuff out!

Here's to a productive and enjoyable Halloween season! :D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
My Halloween preparations are always influenced by the weather. Even though I've started fixing some props, I don't kick into high gear (or even "feel" like working on Halloween) until the weather becomes Autumn-y cool. And it looks like that will be arriving tomorrow!

·
Registered
251 Posts
My Halloween preparations are always influenced by the weather. Even though I've started fixing some props, I don't kick into high gear (or even "feel" like working on Halloween) until the weather becomes Autumn-y cool....
That's me also. With the temps and humidity at record highs here right now, I can't get my body to do anything but sit :p. My mind is SO willing, but....

I did take the patriotic bunting down from the front porch this morning (I have it displayed from Memorial Day to Labor Day). :) I guess that's a start,... oh, and I put my two metal Pottery Barn crows up on my new shelf!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts