Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang.

I used to call myself the Wizard. Remember me? Well, who cares if you remember me or not?

But you might remember that last spring I launched into a novel for the Halloweenforum (that virtually nobody -- thanks for the support -- read) called "The Search for Grinningbook".

Well, anyone who did read it knows that there was never a conclusion, Episode Ten never appeared.

The fact is that since this Halloween tale was an emulation of life rather than a work of pure art, I had no idea how it would wind up. Needless to say, it concluded in a way I would hardly have suspected.

So faithful -- and even faithless -- readers...expect to see the entire work, from a new prologue to the final chapter, to appear in the "Literature and Roll Playing" section of the Halloweenforum in a single thread in about a week.

One hint to those who actually followed the story: if you read my poem called "Women," you already sorta know how "Grinningbook" is going to come out.

Hey, anybody who even thinks in terms of a "happily ever after" is a total chump, aren't they?

And that means your faithful, friendly neighborhood Wizard is, in the final analysis, the biggest chump of them all.

But like I said, gimme a week.

<center>The Seach for Grinningbook

Will conclude

In Literature and Roll playing</center>

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you been going to the Rocky Horror show again Larry......what have I told you?!!! Here in the UK the Rocky Horror Show has just been on its 30th birthday tour, I went to see it last Wednesday - good as ever! Highly reccomended to anyone who hasn't been.

Regards,

Rich.

p.s. I too shiver with antici...................pation David!

Don't laugh, yes I am British! (and proud of it now!)

·
Registered
540 Posts
We have a stupendous magician
on a solitary voyage. Conjuring up sorcery!!! This {Wizard} is
commissioned by his heart, to find the lost -LOVE- of his life!!! Throw in some frolic, stimulated with a bit of comprised, ____
Mischievous Adventure... You got -David Knole- conversing at his best! Welcome home!!!
Dawn [^]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Enjoying it tremendously thank you David! Do you have any predicted dates for the next installment?

Regards,

Rich.

Don't laugh, yes I am British! (and proud of it now!)

·
Registered
189 Posts
It is absolutely horrible...you should be ashamed to call yourself a "writer"....by the way...when can I catch the next installment? Not that I'm anxious to read it or anything...lol!

Well done Beach-Bum! Can't wait to read all the chapters...kinda reminds me of the "cliff-hangers" from along time ago..Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks djmoonstone and my old redneck pal, Nosta. Part four, "The Dark Forest" will be posted on Saturday! Thanks for following along. And the cliffhangers will just get more dire!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts