Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that easy. Everything online was sold out years ago. Only option is to find someone that will do it custom for about $700 or get gouged on ebay for a used one that was several hundred dollars less a few years ago when it was new. See for yourself...unless you have found something I didn't?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Let me see if I can help with this...and it may not be an option you want to go with. Last year we needed a saw puppet for one of our rooms. I, like you, did not want to pay an arm and a leg for one so I decided to get creative.

bought one of these: (sold out on spirit, i'm sure you can find one on the cheap somewhere)
http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/pmg-jigsaw-head/

that is essentially just a small hanging latex mask, the picture doesn't do it justice, it actually looks pretty legit. We then bought a 24" doll, at least I think that was the size it may have been a little larger from a thrift store. I know that michaels and hobby lobby sell doll blanks that are 18" as well, not quite the right size but should work to put the jigsaw mask onto. Get some doll clothes tuxedo and we made the bowtie out of red ribbon I believe. It came out really well and was fairly inexpensive at around $30 bucks or so. This year I actually came across a sound activated prop that has the same laugh as the puppet with a scream at the front end of it. Funny thing is that it is a small skull with a moving jaw so I am going to try to fit it into the mask! I'll try and get some pics of it if possible it is in storage right now!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds great! look forward to some pics...I ended up buying an expensive one that will be custom made for me. When I get it I am going to cut the jaw away from the face. I want to figure out how to add a kit with servos, a circuit, etc so I can automate him. It should be a cool project. I will practice on a styrofoam head first.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah servos shouldn't be too hard to add into it, just put one in for the jaw and the neck. I can't remember if the eyes moved in the movie or not. Should have some pics of mine in the next couple of days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts