Halloween Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've been trying to follow this tutorial for years...it's been ridiculously helpful. Thank you for reposting!

I did notice something...maybe a typo that could confuse someone? In the 5th picture, titled "Gen 1 Haunt lighting – 2004, Very little ambient light (No streetlight).", I think the light labels #4 and #5 are reversed. The red floods are supposed to be in the back of the house not in the front yard near the house on the right...at least that's how I've been doing it.

And if it might help other folks... for this red light, I used one of those cheap ($15?) 500W shop lights from Home Depot, put some chicken wire over the metal cage so it was slightly above it and didn't touch it (hot!), and covered this wire completely with a red lighting gel. This worked really well for me and made the night pictures super cool, since the camera picked up the red color better than my eye seemed to. Thanks Skull & Bone!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I look to this every year. I have to admit - Lighting is my weakspot. Im always looking for great LED products and how to set them up. You can have the simplest of haunts, but if you know what to do with your lighting, it will look spectacular.
Could someone repost the LED info from this post? The links appear broken. I totally need to get some more lighting tips. Feel free to IM me also. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
awesome content, having info like this is so valuable to newbies or vets alike. though it seems that both links are broken. takes me to his page but no lighting technices. can anyone else confirm my issue or guide me to the correct info.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow. I knew that some years out lighting looked way better than others, but now I know why. This is incredible. I'm scrapping my entire light setup from last year and re-purposing it, so now I've got a shopping list to put together. Very excited to see how much more defined and dynamic my graveyard looks this year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
okay- I have tried a few times to load the link above and I'm having a problem accessing the page- is it down again? or is it my laptop?

edit 2-10-2014 I just got in- Thanks for alerting us to the site- really good info. Lighting can make or break a decent set-up.
I can’t get it to load either but would like to read it

·
Registered
868 Posts
The advent of LED lighting gives folks even more options to choose from. But it also adds new challenges at the same time. Colored gel lights actually give off a light that has both the color and a warmth provided by the light underneath. So, green looks green, but also has hints of the incandescent light beneath. LED green lights put out only green. So, there's a whole new world of experimenting to do. :)

I downloaded the entire page showing on the Wayback Machine as a PDF file. I no longer trust webpages to stay around. Even some of my favorite tutorials here on the Halloween Forum no longer have their pictures. I'm glad I saved as many as I did before we lost them forever. If you enjoy this tutorial, download it as a PDF and sock it away. Firefox doesn't make it easy to download webpages as PDFs, but Opera does it with a right click and "save as pdf" option.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I guess the videos are still there, but they just don't load on the Waybackmachine. At least not in my browser.
Thanks for posting the links. I've saved the actual post as a PDF file, and now I've added the videos along with that file in a separate folder in my Halloween Inspiration files. It really does help when they're talking about lighting to have the visuals alongside. :)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts