Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 2020 Halloween party I'm creating a fake newspaper that I will deliver to everyones house a few weeks before the party. The newspaper will actually be Phase 2 of the invitation process.

Here's some backstory to fully understand the concept: Last year my theme was a Morgue. I came up with the name "The Rondy Morgue", the name is a play on the town we live in. The idea was that Dr. A. Kohler (me) runs the morgue, and he is a very bad guy. He's done terrible things with human remains, illegally sold body parts, etc. I even had official looking postings on my front door from the Department of Health and Public Health Inspector notices that said this "business" was closed. It was great.

This year I wanted to do a different theme, but I thought it would be cool if I kept everything in the same universe as last year, as in the things that were part of the theme last year still exist in the world and affect what's going on at this years party. So Dr. A. Kohler has now been arrested and charged with all sorts of terrible crimes. His wife, also Dr. A. Kohler, was also arrested but the charges were dropped as it was determined she was not involved. With her husband going to prison she has left the Morgue business and is now a highly esteemed scientist working at a Museum.

So this years theme is Spiders. I'm going to turn my house into a sort of Arachnid Museum, which I'm calling the Rondy Arachnid Museum & Scientific Research Center (RAMSRC for short).

Phase 1 - everyone receives a letter from the RAMSRC inviting them to an exclusive tour of the Arachnid Museum.

Phase 2 - everyone receives the newspaper with the front page headline announcing a terrible accident at the museum, and hints to something sketchy has been going on. Newspaper also elaborates on the Rondy Morgue situation.

Phase 3 - everyone receives a postcard announcing that the museum tour is still on despite the recent tragedy. I'll throw in some subtle clues that Dr. A. Kohler, who escaped from prison, is somehow involved working with his wife at the museum and he caused the accident.

So my house will be decorated as an Arachnid museum, but after the accident all the spiders escaped and caused all sorts of havoc. Spider webs everywhere, corpses wrapped in cocoons, etc.. I also want to set up a lab area that shows experiments of creating half humans half spider creatures.

If you read this entire post I thank you. Now here are pictures of the newspaper, which is far from complete. It's a mix of articles I wrote, or other people wrote, articles from The Onion, and real life articles I found from old newspapers. I'll continue to post updates as I add articles.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions for any of this please feel free to comment. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Uusually I'm a lurkere but just had to comment on this one ...wow...loving the theme, the backstory and cetainly the fake newspaper.
Been doing newspaperarticles as part of my elaborate invitations a few times but never a newspaper as a whole.
Those invitations in phases work great to build up the suspence for your guests. I also find it helps them grow into their character. (I usuually combine my party with a murder mystery)

I'm thinking of doing a museumthemed party too this year.
Most def will be dropping in regularely for your updates!
😊

1 - 3 of 3 Posts