Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE REST: Keys Troi

Faintly a distant music box plays, sounding off somber notes in tune with violins. The music carried on the same chill breeze that moves the mist around me. It's dark and otherwise silent in the landscape i traverse. I am walking amidst the graves of a vast cemetery. I walk at a steady and comfortable pace knowing full and well that I will reach my destination in due course, as I have many times before. I walk always into the flow of air, always against it, though never stopped by it. It won't stop me; it isn't trying to. It carries the music to me. I pass gravestone after gravestone, never stopping at one, nor glimpsing the name it bears. I must reach the music. Time has no flow here. Only moments. Keep going. Never stopping. Weaving in and out. Follow against the breeze. Swimming in mist. Tracing the notes. Walking. Walking. Walking... until. I reach the edge of where the gravestones end but it is far from the edge of the cemetery. Behind me lay graves, some new. some ancient. Before me lies a new expanse of stoneless, empty, open graves. Which one do I go to? Which one is the music coming from? I've reached this point, now for the next segment of my familiar journey. So again I'm walking. The air moves faster and the mist is colder. The music is getting louder. My heart begins to pound as I begin to run. Leaping over empty grave, one after another. Run. Run! RUN! Then... Suddenly, there it is. I stop and stand still at the edge. I stand before the empty grave. Sitting on the edge where the headstone will soon lay, playing the violin with music box at his feet. He plays louder and louder as the air whips around us as an icy wind, the mist now frozen crystals. He spins around, dancing in the maelstrom. He moves closer. Spinning faster but never stopping his music. Closer now. Faster and faster. Then suddenly he stops. His music stops. He faces me and smiles as he fades slowly into a ghostly fog that whirls around me. Envelops me. Then consumes me. The wind stops and the air clears. The music box still plays. A full moon shines brightly in a star filled sky. The universe above me. I can now see the whole of this forever cemetery. The graves of the past now filled and the open graves of the future waiting for their moments to expire and come to rest. A gravestone now sits where once there wasn't. I know the name on it. It is the same name that is on every other gravestone in this cemetery. I gaze down at my new grave and climb in. Laying down feels so good. I'm tired. I smile knowing that the life I'm about to live will be an exciting one. He is me. And now It is time for me to become him. I close my eyes as the music box winds to a stop. I begin the last journey for this story. I am ready for The Rest.

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Garth. The odd thing is that this came to me while meditating. I snapped back into reality, shot to the computer, and typed this. No editing aside from spelling corrections. Posted it here just an hour after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts