Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yankee Candle's Halloween classic with the black band listed for sale on E-bay (currently asking $1,248. No, that is not mine for sale). Extremely rare. I'm glad to say that I also own one of these and it's never been burned. The link is for the E-bay one, mine is pictured below. Anyone have one or are these the last 2 in existence?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HALLOWEEN-Y...989747?hash=item35f17120f3:g:2U4AAOSwWnFV8gif Drink Liqueur Ingredient

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,572 Posts
WHAT!?!?

I know things are worth what the market will pay but WHAT?!?!

I understand not burning some candles, the ones in the shape of something like the vintage Gurley candles or even new shaped candles, but if it's a candle in a jar, pillar, votive, tea light that sucker gets burned.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to say I collect the Halloween ones and keep for display (and the occasional sniff). My favorite is the Apple Pumpkin and that's the one I always burn. You never know what is going to become a collectible down the road, that's for sure. Most other items I buy I do use though, like food and clothing. ;)

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,390 Posts
I admit I hardly ever burn candles anymore since discovering wax melts, but I do take the lids off and enjoy the fragrances. That's a crazy price for a candle and I know what I'll be keeping my eye out for at yard sales and flea markets this year. :D

·
Registered
20,817 Posts
As amusing as I find that, I got even more of a kick out of this line: "FREE A NKJV (New King James Version) Bible- to anyone who lets me know they want one!! Absolutely FREE no cost or shipping. Just let me know you would like one & I will enclose it in the box!!" How is anything free when paying over a grand?!:rolleyes:

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
As amusing as I find that, I got even more of a kick out of this line: "FREE A NKJV (New King James Version) Bible- to anyone who lets me know they want one!! Absolutely FREE no cost or shipping. Just let me know you would like one & I will enclose it in the box!!" How is anything free when paying over a grand?!:rolleyes:
Maybe you should use that selling technique, Garth;)

·
Registered
963 Posts
That Yankee candle looks nice. I still wish I could get more Old Virginia Halloween "triple" votives. These featured three scents: Trick or Treat, Harvest Moon, and Goblins' Delight. Burning one and letting the scents ring out in sequence was really impressive; the scents generated a perfect atmosphere. Evoked pumpkin, apple cider, various spices, vanilla, and licorice. Among other things. It was really "wow"

These were available years ago on Ebay, and stopped being produced, and then people bought them out.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,572 Posts
The only thing I know about candles is that you burn them & don't store them in the attic or sunlight, so maybe someone here can answer my question.

Doesn't the wax &/or the scent degrade after a while even if the jar is closed?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can tell you, my candle smells exactly like the day it was purchased. Probably 20 years ago or more. Maybe they don't make them like they used to? I don't know. It's that licorice or patchouli scent. Just as strong as the new ones I have. Still good for a strong whiff!

·
Registered
573 Posts
The only thing I know about candles is that you burn them & don't store them in the attic or sunlight, so maybe someone here can answer my question.

Doesn't the wax &/or the scent degrade after a while even if the jar is closed?
I have heard that the "oil" that creates the scent of the candle can "sink" to the bottom of the candle, supposedly if you turn the candles upside down for a period of time it will bring the oil/scent back to the top of the candle. I do know if you store scented candles (at least ones not in sealed glass jars) together in say a box, they will eventually all start smelling the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts