Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I whipped this up the other day. Our kids love the Nightmare Before Christmas, so I'm doing that as our theme this year. I have the Pumpkin King next to the house. The tree is a lilac that I trimmed back because it was getting too large. The bonus side effect is a creepy looking tree with gnarled branches.

I'm making Jack as Sandy Claws in the middle of the yard and will post that when I finish it later this week.

Here is an overview, it stands about 14' tall.

Here is a night shot.

The 'frame' is 2" pvc, 10' long. I screwed a small square of osb to creat a torso area to attach grapevines. I added another piece of wood to create shoulders.

Last photo. I couldn't get a good detail of the face of the pumpkin with a regular photo, so I left the flash off then then adjusted on the computer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. I have been wanting to make one of those, but I dont have any good branches.
I was lucky there. My in laws have property with a lot of cedar on it. Just walked around looking for some nice dead stuff.

Jack as Sandy Claws is coming along nicely. I"ll have him finished by the weekend and post the pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts