Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...is that you look around, realize how much time you still have, and want to do more! My wife, as understanding as she is, did have to say "Whoa!" The whole point of setting up early was to be able to sit back and enjoy it!

·
Registered
823 Posts
my friend next door said to me she will be putting some decoration on oct 1 (she doesn't have a lot ) but i was happy to know that lools like i convert another human from my display last year ............ i might put my fences up around the second week of oct and some of the stuff that can stay outside

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Don't I know it! I'm only doing the inside of the house this year so I've got waaaaay too much time on my hands. I've already re-arranged everything three times!

·
Registered
12,918 Posts
We brought everything out of our storage locker last weekend, Today we finished setting up our columns, fence and gate, since we needed to get it out of the way, to work on other props.

I hung a sign on my fence, like some others have done stating that "Haunting will begin in October " and we will start putting stuff out as we finish or refurbish them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well, I got it ALL up this weekend. Indoor and out. AND....I have three neighbors who have decorated some as well (two of which had theirs up last week), when normally, I am the first. So, I feel like I have contributed some to the spirit in my neighborhood :)

Funny thing is I do have my neighbor across from me ask if I am done, and I am so hesitant saying yes. I just feel like I could ALWAY add just one more thing. LOL

·
Captain o'th Black Pearl
2,036 Posts
'dragged th' Black Pearl outta drydock last week ta set up in th' backyard. This year's be a walk-thru th backyard with 4 sections.. wench auction, th' full Pearl firin' on th' Spanish fort, Tia Dalma's cabin, an' 3 pirates in th' jail coaxin' th' key from a dog.. I 'ave abt 10 days at 'ome ta get this oll dragged out an set up.. also runnin' short o' time so six 3-axis skulls 'ave suddenly become jaw-only.. 'tis a shame, but they dont mind so much right now..

·
Registered
329 Posts
I wish I could decorate now, but I am in the unfortunate position of having hired a hall for my halloween party.. this means I won't be able to decorate until 7 hours or so before the party starts :(

Still, I'm going to put up odd bits and pieces that I won't be using at the hall in my flat, so I might do that this weekend :D

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
We pulled some of the stuff out this weekend, while finishing the new haunt sign, urns and candles. I plan on setting up October 1st after work (OY VAY) for everything except the crypt. Hubby does that and he does it when he wants....because if I push it may get delayed. I love setting up early though. I can rearrange and rearrange, but I totally understand the urge to start more. I decorate inside now for the Bewitched Bash, etc. so I guess I'll just move inside after the cemetery is done! Can't wait to see everyone's pics.

·
The Evil Spectre
1,220 Posts
I also have mine set up early. It's nice to be able to look at it, and tweak things here and there, Plus...word of mouth must be working, because I have had a couple of people drive by and tell me that they heard about my haunt from other kids that ride my sons' bus....luckily, they are the last one to get on in the morning so everyone sees.

The UPS driver that comes to my neighbors house all the time stopped and talked to me for awhile, says she loves seeing the Halloween spirit, and she's going to pass the word to her coworkers and customers. She also told me of a few other haunts going up!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't know, I've been SO stoked about setting everything up for weeks now. But now that the day is just around the corner,literally, there's this inner voice telling me to 'be cool,baby.Don't show your hand too quickly". I guess I'm thinking my haunt will have more of an impact if I wait another week or two and I've kinda lost the gusto or it's just on hold,I don't know!!..d'oh!

I do,however, have a towering scarecrow set up already and he looks really great.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i am so excited! i can NOT wait to start decorating. I didn't get to do the outside last year but come hell or high water i will be decorating it this year!!! Im itching! The weather is just gorgeous these past couple of days...it actually feels like fall...well fall for Houston anyhow! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts