Halloween Forum banner

The pride and joy of my props

Static: 
4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Trex 
#1 ·
I thought that I would share my very favorite homemade prop. She was made from 3 bags of bones back about 7 years ago when they were still Styrofoam, and I had to pull out my Grey's anatomy to create her. Everything is designed to be either used as a puppet, or to be hung up. Her wing span is approximately 6 foot wide, she gets an update every year, last year the horns were added. I loosely based her on the scene from Dawn of the Dead where they have the skeleton strapped down in the morgue, the one who tells them how eating brains eases the pain of decaying.
She is attached with hoops made from wire hangers so that she has a decent range of motion. Her wings are wire hanger's with spray foam over them, netting is attached to that. Some years she has been stained dark like old bones and last year I lightened her up, this year I plan to add some bits of hair to her.

See less See more
#8 ·
Yes, I'm actually excited to add hair to her and I plan to darken her wings back up. Originally she had a layer of black netting with holes in it with a layer of cheesecloth over it with holes in it. Last year I took her totally light because I had a Romeo for her and he was all black so I was doing a black and white effect with the two of them. It's finally Halloween when she's out and in her season home (where ever that will be this year, I'm still a bit stuck). :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.