Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I know its probably too early to be feeling this way...but all our good,hard,creative work, breaking it all down, putting it all away...a little sadness settin' in, not gonna lie to ya. BTW, my pro-haunt on hold until next year, I didnt want to go into it NOT ready...but it'll be SO nice to have a permanent location to keep it all up and in a constant hot-state! Over the looooong winter months...poker games amidst the various corpses and denizens of the grave...glorrrius!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Hey Croggy! I'm bummed we missed ya this year. Just not enough hours in the day. Ya know? So did you have a good time this year?

We managed to pull together a pretty decent yard display at the last minute. Had about 100 ToT's, I think.

As far as depression, not this year. I'm actually surprised to feel relief. How shameful is THAT!!! :( I guess I've got other things on my mind. lol

Take care!! BTW....got pics to share?????

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh, I always feel it for a while, but you can always start working on elements for next year to keep the enthusiasm up!

I think we're going to take a month or two "off" and then start construction on some items that we've already decided on for 2009.

·
Registered
199 Posts
yeah, I'm feeling the post Halloween blues. It's always hard to pack everything away. Although I am sating myself with planning some big projects for next year. Hubby says I'm not allowed to start until after christmas though. *Sigh*

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Can't say I have since I'm still slowly putting things away. That and we ran out yesterday and bought a bunch of led lights for xmas. We started putting them up and almost got the house done. lol I'm also painting the living room and cleaning up the house so there isn't any time to lament about it being over. I'm also deciding what I want to start to create for next year too.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I don't get post Halloween depression because Thanksgiving is in one month, so we don't take down the fall decorations, only the scary things.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yep, I've got the post-Halloween blues too. And next year we don't get to "do" Halloween because friends of ours are having their wedding on Halloween night and we're both in the wedding party...so I'm going to be in withdrawl until 2010

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Nope! I look forward to having a few months of down time. From now until March I'll keep track of all of the ideas I have for next years haunt. In March I'll decide on a theme and start working on it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
There are so many fun holidays still to come, with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's...it's not until January when I really get the blues. Then I get sort of desperate--breaking out the Valentine's stuff in mid-January, trying to come up with something for St. Patrick's Day, Mardi Gras...I've even gotten so desperate in that long dull period between Easter and summer (Tiki!) that I considered decorating for April Fools!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,862 Posts
I think I burned out! I will never do a party the day before or after Halloween - I think there was just too much to do and while I did enjoy parts of both, I pretty much just remember a blur of things happening and I HURT so bad.:(

I remember last year after everything was over, being really up and excited about projects for this year's Halloween, and this year, all I want is for someone else to take down all of the indoor stuff and maybe not even do the full on haunt next year.

I didn't even go to the after Halloween sales.

Hope that feeling passes soon. I had so many things I need to start figuring out for next year if we do anything.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
A friend who is a fellow haunter sent an email about post Halloween depression. I guess a little, but honestly, we had a full season. First, stores had things out pretty early. Part of our early October vacation was spent in Sleepy Hollow. Lots of time setting up, so we were able to attend the local Halloween parade. We hosted our party 2 Saturdays ago, and went to see a live production of Rocky Horror Show last Thursday. On Halloween we had our haunt for the ToTers, then later attended our friend's (the one who sent the email) awesome Halloween party. Saturday we hit the sales! So by yesterday I was ready to put things away and take a break for a few months!

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
I spent 7 hours taking down the stuff I had up in the office on Saturday...It's very depressing...having to box away until next August when I start working it all over again...Next year it's ToT'ers only...no more parties.

After Christmas I usually work on a Halloween scrapbook...I won't have any pictures this year so that out too. Sigh! Back to working the new Halloween website I guess....Hey that's exciting...I feel all better now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I always feel some sadness packing things up, realizing i won't see them for another 11 months, except for the extension cord and flood lights in about a month when the xmas display goes up ;)

I had some depression DURING ToT. Between daylight savings time and our city's dumb rules it's hard to feel like it's the same as it always was. My hometown's ToT isn't on halloween and is from 5-7, so it's almost impossible to scare anyone. Not much participation on our street so crowds are small. I live in a big city and I got about 100 kids. People were driving their kids up to the house and then driving them to the next one! Lazy! I guess change is inevitable, but the best part of this holiday is that it had always "felt" the same- brought back the same memories of being a kid and getting the crap scared out of you. Now with daylight and ToTing on an off day it's not as fun. Haunted houses don't seem to scare or impress me much anymore either.

Also the local guy who does a HUGE haunt with an awesome walk-through haunted house is closing up shop after 30 years. I always look forward to his display and his walk through every year.

Not that i won't do it next year!!! My daughter is 3 and was really getting into it- running the fog machine and using the microphone on the talking skeleton- stuff she was terrified of last year. To me, good memories for her of ToT are more important than any ill feelings i might have. So we'll sally forth. Next year, i think i'll build the guillotine, better start looking for plans...

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I felt it a little but this year was my first year so I am excited for how much better next year can be. I think I will take a break until after Christmas. My pocket book needs it =)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts