Halloween Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Great job! Might have to borrow a few of your ideas. Right now, I'm wishin my display was inside. The west coast is getting POUNDED with rain. Hope my ship doesn't come untied from her moorings (a.k.a. tent stakes).

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
Great job! I especially love the pirate ship......can you provide more info on how you built it????

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The tombstone reads; Pirates, beneath this silent stone is laid, many a pirate that dearly paid, for the priviledge of sailing the haunted sea, they pillaged and plundered all for me, so if ye find a coin or jewel or two, let it lie or we'll find you!

The railing is wood spindles, pine is the cheapest. The mast is pvc. The ship is a float my husband built for a parade long ago. We took it out of storage and made it look haunted. Thanks for all the help and advice we could not have done it without you.

The local news came today and it aired at 5 o'clock. I think we arrr... a hit!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The pirate ship was built on a running gear. We used 2x4's and cut underlament into strips. Used spindles and rails. Masts made from PVC. The center main mast raises and lowers. The crows nest is a planter. The cannon was made using a 6x6. sanded it to make round, drilled through it to add light, then hade it coated with Linex (PVC didn't look right)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts