Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I added a new prop called The Phantom. It was inspired by the Hatbox Ghost and the Phantom from Phantom Manor in Disney Paris. See photos below. I wanted to create a character that could serve as the narrator or Ghost Host for my haunt.

I built the prop using a talking skull, BooTunes MP3 player, a motion sensor, a Costco skeleton and a victorian halloween costume. The last part was the audio. I wrote on original audio script that tells the backstory of my haunt (it is in the night video segment in the video link below) and used 5 other scripts from other ghost videos. I tried using my voice in Audacity but I could not get it sound right. I ended up working with Dick Terhune to record the scripts. He is a voice actor and is featured on Hauntcast. He did a great job and really made the character come to life.

The prop worked great on Halloween night. I had lots of great comments on it. I also had many adults and kids just stand there and listen to all the different segments. Below is the link to the video and photos. The night video is not great but hopefully it gives you an idea of how it worked.

Prop Video

Inspiration Pics

Prop Pics

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
GREAT Set-up! Your Phantom looks amazing, but I also love the Gargoyles shadows, nice effect...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the kind comments. jscaldwell...I was not planning on doing a build tutorial but would be happy to answer any questions. The talking skull is from Frightprops. I got the version with the neck movement. It is built to respond to an audio signal that the user provides. They have a video of how it works on their website. I used the Bootunes MP3 player for the audio. The MP3 player unit has inputs for triggers. I used a motion sensor to trigger the audio. Let me know if you have other questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts