Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have been a Horror/Halloween collector for many years. I just added this piece to my collection. A WPA marionette from the 1930's. This thing is off the charts as far as the creep factor. I found a good place for him in my collectibles room. Among the vintage horror comics. The marionette is around 80 years old. The comics are around 40 years old. They go very well together.:D

Rob

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
Nice acquisition! He looks to be in good shape for the age too!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Those old comics could be scary! (!955-? and before the Comics Code! I recall some of those drawings and story lines yet! The comics belonged to my Cousin who as a young girl could tell some really nasty-terrible horror stories. She later became a Nurse working in an Emergency room, seeing bloody gory accident victims first (and "fresh"?) Go figure? Huh?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. The marionette is in, what I would call, decent shape. The controller is missing and there is some damage to the ear. However, I don't think it affects the piece visually. The comics in the pics are probably 35-45 years old. As far as the creep factor, I think it sort of has one. However, for who we are, Halloween/Horror enthusiasts, I think that we might have a tough time distinguishing what is actually creepy.:D For us, this is a really cool piece. However, I bet a large percentage of the population would find this item disturbing. Especially if it was propped up staring at them while they sleep. lol

Rob

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Yes, I find it very disturbing & very creepy, what a great addition to your collection.
And yes, that is just the thing that will creep up on you and suck all your breath away while you sleep.......

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Diabolik and offmymeds. The face does have a sort of life like quality to it. Great work on the part of the artist who created it. If the thing came to life, I would be like, ya, I was waiting for that. lol:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts