Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As many of you know Bethene has made a group for secret reapers which is already in progress, and she's doing a great job :) This group is for those who missed the sign up deadline, or are already signed up for secret reaper in the first group and want to exchange gifts with people in both groups. For sake of everyone going by the same rules, and making it easier on everyone who is participating in both groups I'm borrowing the rules from Bethene and only changing the sign up start finish and mailing dates. :) If you haven't done this before believe me it's wonderful to get a gift full of Halloween goodies.

Halloween Forums Secret Reaper:2009 (Group 2)!!

Here is the information concerning this years secret reaper(Group 2). I have tried to make rules that will make this fun, while keeping problems from arising. They are as follows:

Starting sign up date: July 23 (Group 2 reapers only)

Ending sign up date: August 21. (Group 2 reapers only)

Shipping deadline: September 18. (Group 2 reapers only)

1. gifts are to have a value of $20.00

2. Gifts can be bought, home made or semi-home made ( buying something and embellishing it etc.). The cost of material is to be included in home made and semi home made gifts.

3. Keep you identity a SECRET!!! Don't post who your reaper is until every one has received a gift,

4. You must get a tracking number when you ship your gift, in case of delays or problems with shipping.

5.You must PM Gothikren when you have shipped your gift, along with your tracking number.

6. If you receive a gift and for some reason are unable to send one to your victim you MUST send your gift on to your victim. any one receiving a gift, and not sending one, could be banned from the forum, per Larry's decision.

7. If these rules are acceptable, then PM Gothikren with the following information:
your name and address
likes ,dislikes, theme, if any, or any other helpful info for you reaper
whether you are ok with mailing to Canada, or Europe,( one , both or none)

Remember, all gifts should be halloween related! thanks all, and have fun!!
please pm Gothikren if you have any questions or are unable to send a gift after you have agreed to :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha very true. I have no friends nearby who really like Halloween. It's often very hard to even get people to come to my house for a party most of the friends I have would rather just goto a bar, so none of them would even consider exchanging gifts :( ....... but I have kids, so I get to have my Halloween party fixes through them and of course trick or treating:) at least for now.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha nice I like bumps..... :)

I'm hoping more people are going to want to sign up for this as the month goes on and more people trickle back into the forum :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I am sure more will join as the time gets nearer. I am still deciding whether I can afford to do it twice. I am making some homemade props this next week and if they turn out nice enough to give as gifts I'll probably join.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds like lots of fun. I so need to start on some props :) One thing at a time my inlaws are coming for the first time ever in August so after they are gone I am going to start in on the things I want to build.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's no problem at all bethene and you did all the work for me by making all the rules etc :) Thanx for that I truely appreciate it. We have 3 people so far but I anticipate more as more people come back the closer it gets to Halloween. I know I myself didn't join the forum at all til middle of August last year and this was one of my favorite parts of belonging to it... and the card exchange but most of all the great people I had so much in common with.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'd love to join, if I'm not too much of a "newbie". I am in good standing with a craft swapping site and I am used to mailing things overseas, as well. I enjoyed seeing the photos and reading about what everyone got from their Secret Reaper last year. ( when I was just lurking, too shy to join )

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I don't see anything in the rules about newbies not being able to join. So GO FOR IT!!
Of course if you dont fullfill your reaper obligation...we will haunt you down :D

MsM

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is that a promise, MsMeeple? Because it isn't a threat to those who would like to be "haunted" :0 But, of course I would send! You just don't know me well enough yet- I've kept up with the secret reaper for years. It always looked like so much fun. I'm such a geek. :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We would love you to join. There is definatly no rule as to how long you've been a member as I myself joined last year right as they were doing secret reaper and I loved it. I'm glad you joined Ghostmagnet and would love to add you to our secret reaper group 2. Please send me your information (mailing address and a list of things you like and don't like in a Personal Message).
Welcome aboard :)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Is that a promise, MsMeeple? Because it isn't a threat to those who would like to be "haunted" :0 But, of course I would send! You just don't know me well enough yet- I've kept up with the secret reaper for years. It always looked like so much fun. I'm such a geek. :)
Of course its a promise. Always wanted to visit texas in the afterlife and figured I'd be going to a very warm place anyway haha

MsM

1 - 20 of 69 Posts