Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen any books out yet? I was at Sam's and saw one from Gooseberry I believe? No pics, but maybe we can get some input as people see them or are able to snap a few pics. Sam's also had decor spiders there, the first Halloween item I saw for sale (besides the single craft book. )

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had to run into Safeway yesterday (in a super hurry as I was running late) and I'm pretty sure I saw a Halloween cooking magazine near one of the checkouts. It might have been from Pillsbury. Any other time I would have stopped to flip through it but I didn't even have a minute to spare.

I have several Gooseberry Patch (general) cookbooks and the fall-themed cookbooks usually have some fun stuff in them. I think last year they put out a special Halloween publication but I didn't buy it because it was a bit pricy. Thanks for the heads-up on this year's publication. I'll be on the lookout.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I work at a grocery store and we already have Gooseberry Patch and Pillsbury (I believe) cookbooks. While I was at work today I noticed another, full-size magazine but I'm unsure of its publisher. It has what appears to be chocolate covered apples made to look like jack o'lanterns on the cover.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Only one I've seen at both Jo-Ann's and Barnes & Noble is some sort of cross-stitching Halloween designs magazine.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Taste of Home's Halloween special is out. Mostly recipes, which makes sense I guess. I didn't buy it because I really have no need for more "make a cupcake into a monster" ideas. Cute though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've seen the taste of home one but the recipes looked pretty similar to ones from the last couple of years. I've learned my lesson to check before buying!

I also got a fall baking magazine, but I haven't seen much else yet.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Haven't seen any yet, but also haven't really started looking. Need to fix that.

Every year I pick up a "Halloween" themed mystery to read during October...time to start that hunt, too.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Picked up the Better Homes and Gardens Halloween issue today! I know it will most likely be much of the same things as every year but it made me happy to see it so I bought it! :D
Family Fun Halloween is out also. Great magazine for households with small children. It's where my outdoor decorating began many years ago!

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Latest Lowe's Creative Living mag arrived in the mail today. While it doesn't have a lot, there is a Halloween section in this edition. Not nearly enough, but something.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I need to look for some, I've never actually bought a Halloween special magazine. Does the Better Homes and Garden have crafts and decorating besides recipees too?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wonder if I have a subscription to Better Homes and Gardens if I'll get the Halloween edition or if I have to buy it?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I did get the Better Homes and Gardens magazine, I'm very happy with it. Lots of ideas in it. I saw a few others but most were for kids costumes or for food only. Though I may go and get a small recipee magazine.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts