• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

Just curious about what everyone is up to during the off season? Planning. Building. Taking a break?

It's too cold up here to go outside to work on things so i'm paper mache-ing here and there and taking a break!

·
Super Moderator
5,611 Posts
November is going through all the photos and videos, seeing what worked, what didn't.

December is pretending to enjoy Christmas, for the kids.

January is typically budget and planning.

Feb is start building while cursing the weather for not letting be build bigger things.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I tend to do a bit of everything.. repairing and renovating existing props, planning new ones, working on smaller projects and working on convincing Mrs Samedi that we really do need to expand the haunt into the back garden this year, (which is why I'm leaving it to grow over). and that I really must rebuild the 7ft Jason Voorhees that fell on top of her a few years ago, and that this year it absolutely, positively, must be animated.
The only time I take a break is in August, during our summer holiday, and even then I'm usually thinking about stuff, even if I'm not doing it.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well... maybe not actually an "off season". But the time when we would get strange looks from people passing by as we paint 7' grim reapers...

UnOrth- at least you pretend! Your kids will appreciate it :)

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Samedi - good luck convincing the Mrs. that the Jason attacker needs more life than he already seems to have :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm doing the paper mache thing too, and all the while, planning for bigger projects that I'll start during the summer =)

Also surfing the web looking for good "off season" deals on props.

I was actually showing off one of my latest creations at our super bowl party last night and an unknowing guest said, "But honey, Halloween is months away!" to which I replied, "Not for me! I Halloween all year long!" =) Hahahahahahaha >=)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Technically, I am a mad scientist, so...
I am indeed engrossed in my studies, but Halloween is never far from my thoughts. I just have to place school work first (wait, I'm supposed to read 2 chapters out of a text book for an 8 am class tomorrow morning and I'm still here on H.F....oops:eek:).

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Technically, I am a mad scientist, so...
I am indeed engrossed in my studies, but Halloween is never far from my thoughts. I just have to place school work first (wait, I'm supposed to read 2 chapters out of a text book for an 8 am class tomorrow morning and I'm still here on H.F....oops:eek:).
.....And so it begins.;)

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Like many on here i use the off season to sort of regroup and plan out next years ideas. Since last year was the first time i ever went "all out" and basically threw it all together in 5 weeks from start to finish (that includes getting the idea too). So since i have a lot more time this year to plan and buy i am hoping to really come up with some really amazing items for this halloween.

Also like many on here i cannot start anything till the weather warms up. So far my schedule looks like this.

Nov-February = Search the internet for ideas, pictures, videos, of other peoples haunts to get inspiration for new items. Also look for sales on anything i can use.

Mar-Jun = Draw up plans and make to do list. Purchase any and all items for new halloween. Do anything that doesnt need to be done in the garage (tombstones, paper mache, etc...)

July-Oct = Any and all Latex items. Corpsing and painting since it will dry the fastest in this type of weather.

·
Creepin When Your Sleepin
1,143 Posts
My question is....
Is it a problem that I lay in bed at night and all I think about is Halloween and this forum and Decorating the yard and different ideas and I am on all day at work and all night at home I feel I am completely consumed by this.

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My question is....
Is it a problem that I lay in bed at night and all I think about is Halloween and this forum and Decorating the yard and different ideas and I am on all day at work and all night at home I feel I am completely consumed by this.

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!
You are definately among your own kind here :D

I haven't been stuck laying awake at night yet. But that's probably because I am here until 1 or 2 in the morning... and by then I pass out on the computer.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My question is....
I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!
*Laughing* I don't think it's a problem at all, but of course I may be bias, since I do the same thing =) As a matter of fact, my most recent Halloween dreams have yielded some awesome prop ideas =)

Halloween is our life's passion, that's all :D It's our art of choice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts