Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
crossfit zombie
7,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I freakin loved this movie.I thought it was good from the very start to the very end.
I did buy the animated nun prop from party city and really was pleased with her.
The movie is filled with halloween ideas but this one scene is super simple and to me would be
erie.I couldnt find the exact scene online the one I loved had the nun standing in the back of the cemetery.
But this scene with the crosses slanted every which way...with the fog is to me perfect
. thumbnailnun.jpg

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,374 Posts
i haven't seen the movie because (besides the fact that i see basically no movies at all these days) the nun gives me more of a "yuck" vibe than a "scary" vibe. BUT i agree about the scene in the picture. really creepy atmosphere there.

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,374 Posts
I really liked the movie..I watched it two days in a row.But I like possesion movies alot.
i don't guess i've ever thought much about it, but i don't think i've seen many movies in the possession category. i watch a decent amount of horror/thriller/suspense movies, but very few fall into that category.

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,374 Posts
I perfer the supernatural to the slasher..dont get me wrong I love them both.But supernautral movies are my first choice.
outside of the "halloween" series and maybe the "scream" movies, i've never been a big fan of slashers. i guess i typically like movies in the thriller/suspense category. we watched bird box recently, and it's not exactly horror but it's the kind of "scary" movie we usually like.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I freakin loved this movie.I thought it was good from the very start to the very end.
I did buy the animated nun prop from party city and really was pleased with her.
The movie is filled with halloween ideas but this one scene is super simple and to me would be
erie.I couldnt find the exact scene online the one I loved had the nun standing in the back of the cemetery.
But this scene with the crosses slanted every which way...with the fog is to me perfect
. View attachment 580397

The set and scene designs were amazing also the fact it was filmed in Romania helped big time just looks gothic and haunted

204 Posts
Thanks to the original poster and this write up, I went out of my way last night to actually watch the movie.
I have to say, that it was very very well done.
The Dark and Gloomy ambiance that the "Movie Set" gives off, is everything that you want in a Spooky movie.
If I were asked, to give this movie a Rating based on a scale of 1 - 10.....and I had to rate it, in comparison to the New "Halloween / Jason" movie......I would give the Nun movie an "8 out of 10".......and I would give the New Halloween movie a "3 out of 10", that is how much better the Nun movie is.
I was very disappointed in the New "Halloween" movie, where as "The Nun" surprised me, as to how good it really was.
To be fair to Jamie Lee Curtis and the Halloween movie, there was soooooooo much Build Up to that movie.....that it had us all expecting it to be ....the Ultimate scary movie ever,......which it was NOT, and it Failed miserably at living up to expectations!
Where as the Nun movie, had no such Hype and no such Build Up connected to it, so we had no expectations at all.
Regardless, the Nun......is right up there, as one of the better Spooky movies out there.
Yes......they could have made it even more scary, with more gore and guts, but......they made a spooky movie, that could be seen by all.
I wish, that I had not read this post.....before.....watching the Movie, as it would have been even better, not knowing a thing about it.
May be, NOT advertising a "New" movie, might be the Best method for Promoting a "New" movie?
Leave the movie goer Guessing, as to what the movie might be about.
Any ways......The Nun is a movie that you should all watch.
The scenery and ambiance and the set design, and their attention to details, is what makes the movie sooooooo good.
I LOVE the looks of the Grave Yard in this movie.
For those of us out there, that have spent hours and hours and weeks and weeks, building our Styrofoam tombstones, once you watch this movie, you will wonder to yourself ....WHY!
I tell ya......having a Grave Yard, with nothing but lots and lots of simple old looking "Wooden Cross's" is definitely the way to go.
You are so right, about the Old Cross's being in the ground, on different angles and different slants.....just makes their Grave Yard....look so much more Spooky.
You are also right about the Nun costumes that are for sale on Ebay.....they are very Cheap to buy, and what a Great Halloween costume to wear, or better yet......they are a great addition, to any mannequin that you might have.
Putting a spooky looking Nun, into the back of your Grave Yard.....would just complete the ambiance of any Haunt.
I feel like Siskel and Ebert right now, by giving this Movie.....a Thumbs Up!
The Nun......is a "Must See".... for anyone that has a Love for Halloween, and for those that have a Love for what ever might be Spooky.
Watch the Nun yourself, and see what you think.
I am sure, that ever since this movie came out, every little kid... who is presently attending a Catholic school, is paying a lot more respect and is paying a lot more attention to the Nuns, when they are speaking.....just in case! lol

204 Posts
Just a little added Follow Up to my reply.
We just watched the Nun again, for the second night in a Row.
For us.....it is that Good!
Those Cross's that they have, in their Grave Yard, in the movie.....have us Hooked on making the same thing, for our own Grave Yard this year.
When I first saw the movie, I thought that the cross's were better made......more involved.....by Channeling out the Cross section, so that they fit Flush with one another, but on our second viewing of the movie....we noticed, that they were just two pieces of wood....tacked together, to form a Cross.
How quick and easy is that to make!
Simple and Quick......is the way to go.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hmmm. Might do the graves AND the costume. Would be cool to have the grave bells ring as the TOTs walked by.
The atmosphere of the movie was great. The movie itself bored my a bit, but that's just me. I had thought about a safety coffin prop with a ringing bell which I don't think would be too hard to do. I just don't know if the average tot'er will know what it is or means.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I was surprised at how much horror movie stuff TOT's got. I've found that music from scary movies frightened more kids than traditional Halloween SFX.

·
Read Only
1,348 Posts
Hmmm. Might do the graves AND the costume. Would be cool to have the grave bells ring as the TOTs walked by.
Sadly, most young folk have no idea what a grave bell is. I mean, I'm surprised how many kids don't even know what an Iron Maiden is until I lock them in one. :)

204 Posts
Sadly, most young folk have no idea what a grave bell is. I mean I'm surprised how many kids don't even know what an Iron Maiden is until I lock them in one. :)
Hey.....If I had not watched the Nuns movie....I would have no idea, at all....as to what the Ringing Bells meant either.
Kids catch on pretty quickly, as to what is Scary and what is not.
Being that the NUNs movie is a Brand New release.....I am sure that every little Trick or Treater out there, will know exactly what the Ringing Bells will mean.
Where as, when it comes to their own parents and their Grandparents, that age group, will have No Idea at all, as to what all the Ringing is about.
The older folks, will all think.... that the Good Humour man ( Ice Cream Man ) is right around the corner, with their favourite Waffle cones!
Kids these days, are a lot Brighter than any of us, ever were..... at their age!
The Kids will all know, what the Ringing Bells mean.
I guarantee that! lol

·
Read Only
1,348 Posts
I have seen the bell in several other movies..lore and supernatural lol.I was thinking the same thing how cool it wud be to do some graves that way.
There is one reason that there will never be a grave bell in our yard, and that's not because it's a bit obscure. We have tombstones with epitaphs about Dorian Gray from the book no one read in high school, the Banshee and Shinigami from ancient folklore, and Death of Rats from Terry Pratchett's Discworld. If you want obscure, our graveyard is full of it. It's not because grave bells aren't cool, because they are. It's all about volume. In the quiet of a real graveyard, the haunting effect of a grave bell ringing would be amazing. But trying to compete with weird ghosts, growling monsters, subterranean dripping, and macabre music, a little ringing bell doesn't stand a chance. Poor things would just be drowned out. But for an out of the way, quiet haunted graveyard they might be just the ticket. If you have that kind of graveyard, here are a couple of fun places to visit: https://youtu.be/3XSVh5acsEY?t=41 and even more local, https://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/143721-bell-ringer.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts