Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! Just realized I have not posted this here yet for those that don't do the Facebook thang. Made an arch to replace the annual pain in the *** tree branch and webbing arch we make to go over the entrance to our graveyard every year. I designed it to be lightweight, weatherproof, and to incorporate a couple of other props and effects for maximum effect. Anyways, here it is. I will be posting a video showing in detail how to make the noodle roots on our Facebook page in a few days.

First off, a link to the facebook album so that in a few months when these photos no longer link properly this post won't be completely useless.

NOODLE ROOT ARCH <----Link

Now a few photos of the finished arch.

There is a toxic green fire and ice light in the top

And the spider victim skelly torso with the spider that raises and lowers from the egg cluster is on the right side to greet the trick or treaters.

Took me about 2 months of off and on work, about 50 hours total to put this thing together from a pvc frame, pool noodles, milk jug skulls and plastic corpsing. It stands about 8 1/2 ft tall, 7 ft wide and the arch opening is around 6 1/2 ft x 5ft. There is an also extension cord hidden under the corpsing so that I can easily and nearly invisibly get power across our sidewalk to power the props out in the yard in that area.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
That is amazing work - I honestly can't tell it's made of noodles. Breathtaking and your technique could translate to other types of props as well.

And thanks for posting a bit about it here. There are still many folks that don't do Facebook (I never have) so we'd never see this lovely project at all otherwise. Would be super if you'd post the how to vid here as well just so you get more eyes on your work!

:cool:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts