Halloween Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Bad storm and snow in SE Pennsylvania here. Halloween and snow do not mix well. It's an orange and black holiday, with cool winds, leaves on trees not weighed down by snow, and pumpkins with frost, not ice. Many people don't have electric, and there are tons of trees down everywhere. We had one large branch fall on our pool and lower deck. Fortunately no damage. I feel bad for anyone in the storm's path that had their Halloween wiped out. That's why I consider it a seasonal holiday. Best wishes everyone and Happy Halloween.

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
Hmm with all the snow you guys have...you could make your yard haunt with a ""THE THING" theme this year or if any of you did a nightmare before Christmas theme your set. but all and all sorry to hear about all the weather woes. Ill throw in some extra scares for you all tomorrow night.
Too late now but I was thinking a "30 Days of Night" bloodbath scene.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Woooww. I'm lucky to live in South Jersey where the weather was just plucky. Well, you just gotta rock on Halloween no matter what!

·
Evil Wizard
2,165 Posts
Dug out my inflatable yesterday, but other than that my yard was a wet, muddy mess underfoot, so I punted on the graveyard. Stuck one store-bought tombstone on a snow mound and skeleton skull/arms/legs groundbreaker, and another tombstone on the other snow mound with a ghost yard stake.

Hung some Peep-N-Peepers in the bushes, which looked good, and a Haunted Hedge (which I apparently forgot to turn on -- D'oh! :eek:), and plugged in my ghost blowmold. Put a witch wooden cut-out on my front porch, and a skeleton and a Frankenstein's Monster in front of the garage door.

Edited to add: Even so, ours was the only house in our section of the development that was really decorated.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yea a wet mess the snow melting from my roof made a waterfall for the kids to walk through. well hope this doesn't happen for another 50 years

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
In all my years of doing this snow was never even a thought.......it was always rain or high winds. Loosing power wasn't fun either so that set things back some. Unreal and ya never know what will and can happen.

·
Psychic or Psychotic?
714 Posts
It certainly took a lot of the fun out of it here to. We didn't loose power and the tombstones were showing through pretty good last night. Unfortunately the big Halloween Party was Saturday night. We couldn't cancel because of all of the food we already had prepared. Half of our friends couldn't even get to our house because of the trees and power lines down.

It will go down in the books as one of my most depressing Halloweens. Luckily some friends were able to still come by on Sunday and do the Haunted House and have some left overs and drinks.

TOT'ing was also very light last night. Major parts of my town still have no power.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts