Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
LOL great pic

There's a bright side to this for you guys.

THINK OF THE FOG!!! Lovely jaw dropping Ground hugging FOG!!! mmmmmm :D :D :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Jollygorilla, I live in PA and we have a small coating of snow... It's bugging me too!!! Traditionally, I don't think snow and Halloween go together. However, like Texmaster, the ground fog is gonna be great!

·
Spider Maven
1,468 Posts
Yah...Halloween cancelled here. Over a foot of snow AND we have no power...heard could be out till Tuesday.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Rain here and the roads in my neighborhood have flooded so no kids aren't going to be able to come down my street. I'm still decorating just in case the waters go down enough even for people to be able to just come down and look at my setup. Personally I think Halloween is going to be a bust for me this year. So frustrating I've worked on stuff since August and have been to the Halloween stores atleast 5 times and spent tons of money.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No power here either. I was bringing my haunt to my parents house this year...more room and ToTers. I was going to go over there today and finish my set up but they don't have power and there are so many limbs down it looks like a war zone. I'm holding out and hoping for s Halloween miracle:D

·
Registered
996 Posts
To a certain extent, I like the look of the lone hand poking up thru the snow......might look good with blood spattered about....

·
Registered
403 Posts
So crazy to think you all are dealing with snow! Its like the exact opposite problem here.

We were outside all day setting up and everyone was complaining how hard it is to feel Fall spirit when it's sunny and in the 90s.
Mondays forecast is 90 also so no chocolate bars. I guess I can handle that minor inconvenience in comparison.:eek:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hmm with all the snow you guys have...you could make your yard haunt with a ""THE THING" theme this year or if any of you did a nightmare before Christmas theme your set. but all and all sorry to hear about all the weather woes. Ill throw in some extra scares for you all tomorrow night.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So Bizarre... perfect weather the day before and after our Halloween Bash! This is why I'm not a gambling girl. :) We were on the verge of cancelling, thinking that noone would be able to get out to us with the horrible weather. The DJ and caterer were still coming so we pushed through. I'm really glad we did, but the weather definitely added a new layer of stress to preparations. I wish I thought of tweaking my outdoor decorations for a "Nightmare Before Christmas" theme! We did consider trading in our planned ghost costumes for our Christmas Tree/Buddy The Elf duo from Halloween past. Each time I looked out the window, I had to remind myself that I wasn't throwing a holiday party!

·
Spider Maven
1,468 Posts
Still no power here. Last night we figured we'd get the Christmas decorations out...dress as crazy santas n elves and toss lots of blood on the snow.

But cant even get creative without power. Grrrrrr

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
And batteries only last so long in the cold....

I hate being in a cold house. We've had our nights drop down in temp over the last few weeks and I decided to turn on the heat. Really has felt like fall and some of our decidious trees are starting to change color but for the most part the leaves are on the tree. Actually was hoping for a barren tree to put crows in. Feel for those of you with out heat and electricity right now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
We are so sorry for everyone dealing with this. I was commenting to the husband that I thought a cemetery haunt would look neat with a light dusting of snow. NOT THIS! We are just northwest of the system that brought this, so we got only the cold. Best wishes to everyone for speeding power restoration and plowing. :(

·
Defender of Blucky Honor
1,051 Posts
I feel your pain. 12" of snow here, no power for 2 days! I shoveled today in a t-shirt. I even shoveled my yard to I could put my cementary out tomorrow. Should have seen the looks I got. Told several people when they asked "I REALLY hate snow". :) I might not put out my witches due to all the snow. But I did save the graveyard and yes, it was alot of work.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts