Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 506 Posts

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a regular on the games section, but maleficent made a great suggestion to me for a new game because it's right up my alley. So, here are the rules... All posts must be quotes from a movie. Let's try to keep them shorter if possible. The trick though is that your quote must have some kind of relevence to the last posted quote. In other words, let's try to get it going where one movie quote is a response to the previous one; however, let's try not to have consecutive quotes from the same movie which will make it more challenging. Quotes can come from any genre movie. If you can, try and name the movie and character of the quote your responding too, but it's not mandatory since some quotes might get pretty obscure.

Thanks for the great idea maleficent, and on that note, a quote from one of my favorite movies...

"Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[email protected]$%, I posted this in the wrong section. Larry, when you get a chance can you move it to the games section? Sorry about that. :rolleyes: GAME ON...

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
"I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being." - Stand By Me

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well, since you already gave the movie for your quote which made it much easier, I want to say that quote was in the narrative of the movie, right? Or was it a character that said it? I can't remember... I haven't seen that movie in 18 years. :eek:

I know this is an easy one, but....

"....walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead."

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Ha ha, I read your instructions wrong. That's why we always play a practice round!
Yes, it was the narrative voice....who is also the main character.

The 6th Sense - Haley Joel Osments character, Cole?

"He's stuck, that's what it is. He's in between worlds. You know it happens sometimes that the spirit gets yanked out so fast that the essence still feels it has work to do here. "

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

HA! Oda Mae Brown in Ghost. :cool:

:D Another movie fave of mine....

"Our high school guidance counselor used to ask us what you'd do if you had a million dollars and you didn't have to work. And invariably what you'd say was supposed to be your career."

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Office Space - Peter Gibbons *Great movie!*

"Personally, I liked the University; they gave us money and facilities, we didn't have to produce anything. You've never been out of college. You don't know what it's like out there. I've worked in the private sector--they expect results."

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ghostbusters - Dr. Ray Statz (sp?) :D

"That will be quite enough, Mr. -----! Maybe bribes, kickbacks and Mafia payoffs are how you do business! But they are not part of the legitimate business world! And they are certainly not part of anything I am teaching in this class. Do I make myself clear!"

I had to sensor the name because it's a big giveaway of the movie.
:rolleyes:

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bernard something or other in Old School ;)

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man... I get older, they stay the same age."

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
This one's related to, but not in response to, Dazed and Confused:

"Baseball's hard. You can love it but, believe me, it don't always love you back. It's kinda like dating a German chick."

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Roy Hobbs - The Natural :cool:

"Man that ball got outta here in a hurry. I mean anything travels that far oughta have a damn stewardess on it, don't you think?"

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Airplane! Did that character have a name?

from one of my favorite movies..........
"Oh yes, another jive, another joke at my expense. You were probably laughing at me with Katherine, too. Well, why not? I'm not young, I'm not new, and everyone laughs at me "

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Birdcage... can't remember dude's name though. :confused:

"You! You made me do this, your tainted blood in me! Don't laugh at me, Mother! Don't laugh at me!"

1 - 20 of 506 Posts