Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to reprise my Elphaba the Wicked Witch of the West costume this year. I don't want to repeat the debacle I had last year with the green "face paint" I got from the local costume store...smeared all over EVERYTHING!!

What do you use to color large areas of skin so that the makeup stays put (I'm going to a party and don't want to ruin the host's furniture) but can be removed reasonably easily (don't want to have to bathe in acetone).

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
It sounds like you used grease paint last year, but you didn't set it with powder.

If that's the case, do a test with some grease paint. Then dust it with talcum powder. Use a soft brush to apply the powder, and to brush the excess off. You might even blot the makeup with a damp cloth to remove extra powder. See if that smears too much for you.
Grease paint is easy to remove, use cold cream, and soap and water.

Aquacolor is a good water-based makeup. Soap and water removal.

Mehron paradise palette is another good water-based makeup.

I really like skin illustrator makeup, but it's alcohol based and much more difficult to remove.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
I like Ben Nye makeup myself, but whatever you choose the powder finish is the way to keep it on you and not the costume and furniture.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much...I knew there had to be a trick...and now I have other options as well! Happy Haunting!

2,442 Posts
I just use green snazaroo face paint, then use a bit of black around the eyes, temples, cheekbones, blended in with make up sponges to give shadow. Then black eyeliner, black lipstick. it all washes of very easily does the trick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts