Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is something I wanted to do for a long time, so I finally got to it. I made it easy so small kids can play and I am going to give the pieces a point value and use a timer for my party to make it interesting for the adults. Just is case the shooters don't work.:) I will set up a lab and have it on a table just waiting for some mad doctor to stroll in.

·
Registered
496 Posts
VERY Cool! Everyone will definitely have fun...

Great Job!

Dennis

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thats really cool! Any way you could switch out to a louder pant -wetting buzzer for your adult party?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Everyone, Spanky that was the best one I could find at our little Radio Shack. But I am sure I could find a better one when I get to the city. It is a very annoying sound, that is why my dog is barking. We have decided foe the adult party, we are going to use a timer. You get 1 minute. The pieces all will have a point value, the harder ones will be worth more. Every time you set off the sound and nose, you will loose the points of what ever you are trying to get. I am going to make one of Vodoo Willies Fairies with a pair of tweezers dissecting a Barbie for the prize.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Great looking prop, brushe!! That's going to be a hit at the party, that's for sure! Looks like a lot of fun.
Oh, how come his brain is so small?? :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone,

eaglescout1052 No micro controller for this one. All I did was get some clothes line wire from Kmart, shape it into like the objects I wanted and soldered them together. Then I traced the out side of the wire on my foam body and the inside of the wire on the objects. I cut everything out. Then I soldered all the wires to the wire frames and tied them in with the nose and buzzer. I ran all the wires in black as I am using the ground side as my operating contact. I hooked the led eyes up straight to to the power supply along with the hot side of the nose led and buzzer. Then I ran the ground side of the power supply to the metal tongs. That way when they hit the wire the complete the circuit. You have to make sure the pieces are really hard to get in and out, so small kids can play also.

Dave the brain is small, because I modeled it after my own.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What type of power supply did you use?
In the video it was set up on a 12 volt 800ma wall-wart. In my haunt it will run with 12 volt landscape transformer. I bought a great big Transformer so I could run my led lights and some of my 12 volt props. That way I don't have to worry as much about triping breaker or some one getting shocked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts