Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here was a fellow Misfits fan, so I will post this here, if you don't know who the Misfits are, they are an extremely influential horror-punk rock band started by the legendary Glenn Danzig in 1977 and breaking up in 1983, only to be reformed in 1995 by the bass player, Jerry Only, without Danzig.

They're music is always horror based, mainly being about 60's and 50's B movies like Plan 9 From Outer Space, Night of the Ghouls, Astro Zombies and many others, along with classics like Psycho and Night of the Living Dead. They're style is based heavily on the 50's Doo-*** and Elvis in terms of song structure and vocals.

They made two songs specifically about Halloween as well, one titled 'Halloween' and the other simply 'Halloween II' both great songs more about the pagan and more violent side of the holiday.

Heres both of them paired with great classic horror movie footage.

Some other songs by them,

Astro Zombies

Vampira

Night of the Living Dead

Feel free to explore more of there content if you like it, I'd recommend 'Ghouls Night Out' and 'Horror Bussiness'. If your already a fiend/fan then show some appreciation! I may show some pictures of the Misfits vinyls I own on a later date. ;)

Reactions: kmeyer1313

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Love The Misfits and have seen them many times. Had the pleasure of meeting Jerry Only and hanging out a while (good friend is a good friend). He's awesome and really gracious to fans. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Love The Misfits and have seen them many times. Had the pleasure of meeting Jerry Only and hanging out a while (good friend is a good friend). He's awesome and really gracious to fans. :)
While I don't like the modern Misfits very much, I do very much agree that Jerry is a nice guy and I respect him for keeping the legacy of brutality alive with his incarnation of the band, but I also feel bad for him due to how much hate he gets from the old school punk scene and older Misfits fans, being accused of "only wanting money" which I really don't see from him. I do wish he would put religious views aside and re-unite with Glenn though. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts