Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,801 Posts
Don't know if it's the same guy or not, but I saw a dateline, or 20/20, or one of them shows on such a person, a teenage at the time, who was skating down the street, avoiding obsticals just fine.

Having grown up next door to 2 blind kids, it don't surprise me at all.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Don't know if it's the same guy or not, but I saw a dateline, or 20/20, or one of them shows on such a person, a teenage at the time, who was skating down the street, avoiding obsticals just fine.

Having grown up next door to 2 blind kids, it don't surprise me at all.
I saw that too..Pretty amazing stuff. The kid drew some pictures of the sound images he "saw" and they were pretty close to spot on.

Skating and cycling down the street just like somebody with normal vision...Wow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I met him when I was teaching the blind. Really a very nice guy. He does some lectures for the instructors on using echolocation. Basically his view is this, we have grown up using our eyes, so we know how to control what we see. If he was given sight, he wouldn't know how to process it because he doesn't have experience with it. So, he learned echolocation like we learned how to use our eyes. He says anyone can do it, it just takes lots of practice- like using our eyes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts