Halloween Forum banner

The Little Things that make it all worthwhile!

1196 14
Fellow Haunters, even though Halloween is officially over and all that work has been safely put away for another year. Today I recieved in the mail a letter from an elderly couple, probably someone I only meet briefly as they stopped to take pics or comment. We sometime take for granted the impact that our work and creativity has on our community, timeliness and final rush to complete the display for that day...
So I wanted to share with you this special moment. All of you, are equally recipients of this letter, bc without this great forum and all of the really talented contributors here, I would probably be setting out a few tombstones and handing out candy and calling it a night.
Enjoy!
Brown Rectangle Grey Wood Font
Handwriting Font Writing Commemorative plaque Rectangle
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Three things overheard this year that made my night.
I opened the gate out front to start the festivities as I was walking back up to the porch I hear " OMG, I see a witch walking up to that house" ( I always wear my witches hat) Then a gaggle of kids approached and one said " This is the place I told you about, it's always my favorite house" and finally a group of older skate rat/ dude types come up and I hear " Holy sh*t!!! So, awesome dude"
Yeah ... Like the Scatterbrain said... don't call me dude :LOL::ROFLMAO:
It was a great night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have collected thank you notes from over the years. I tell the adults these kids will forget me, but they will remember their Halloweens. This year I put a condolences book for the TOT to write their comments. Funny stuff they write like “don’t die”. Making memories makes it all worthwhile.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts