Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, fellow ghouls!

My name is Tony and I live in Huntington, WV. I am a lurker on this and other Halloween forums and have finally decided to join. What took me so long? I have no idea, but I am glad to be here.

Unfortunately for me, I fall into a group of people that would love to setup haunts every single year. I have the time, I have the money, I've got a ton of ideas, the means to build them...but what I do not have is space (I live on the second floor apartment sitting on top of a first floor office) and I also live in a neighborhood that has plenty of TOTers, but none of whom come down to my end of the street (its about 200+ yards separating where I live from the nearest house).

Yeah, it sucks. Big time! I really do enjoy passing out candy and doing this kind of thing every year.

Be that as it may, I am still a very imaginative type and will do what I can to be a good contributor to this forum. The very least I can do is share with you the ideas in my head that I would try to bring to the masses every year. Who knows? Maybe I can succeed in inspiring somebody that I can vicariously live through every Halloween.

Kinda spooky, eh?
:eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Maleficent and DOD!

I look forward to sharing my ideas...but to be honest, I am not exactly sure where to put some of them. Most of what I have to offer are IDEAS and not pictures or instructions for said creations. I have the knowledge and the means to build them, I just do not have actual products to show for it.

I would have to take an honest guess and post it in the "Tutorials and Step-By-Step" section. That is where I think most of what I have to offer at the moment rightfully belongs. If all else fails, it will just get moved. I will go ahead and post my first would be project there shortly.

Enjoy!

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Welcome to the family. It's good to see you've come out of the cold. Have you thought about maybe starting a charity haunt that could be hosed by a school or some community organization like a union hall, Moose or Eagles lodge, etc?

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
welcome aboard! madame t has a good idea. or what about joining a group like the jaycees, elks, or lions. they do a lot of haunting to earn money. here where i live we do a haunt. we have a town betterment club that puts on the haunt and we make a nice amount each year. all food sold is donated and everyone that helps is volunteer. it has helped put in a man made swimming area, a nice campground, and a butterfly park. or maybe you have a friend or family member you can sway to let you use thier yard to set up and wow the tot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Madame Turlock, I know you meant to say "hosted", but its ironic that you say "hosed" because I have had more than my share of hard work for various projects that I try to help do for others (Halloween and otherwise) fall under that category. I don't mean to be a Halloween version of Scrooge, but I would much rather setup a simple home haunt by myself.

As for family, my parents do have a garage and a yard that I could use. The only problem is there are no TOTs (let alone somebody under the age of 18) in the neighborhood anymore.

Where I live provides another double whammy. 1) I live on the second floor of a building, and 2) the building is in an isolated location. The nearest residential area is over 200 yards away. There are plenty of TOTers, but none of them bother to come down to my neck of the woods.

There are other problems not listed here, but I have mentioned the worthwhile ones. I still plan on sharing my ideas. I am sure that somebody here will be able to benefit from them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello rnrkid and Bloomin' Lovely. Its good to be here...even if my tales of Halloweens past aren't too exciting. Regardless, I look forward to sharing my ideas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts