Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, if you have followed the Grandin Rd. thread, Hallowsusieboo said she lived very close to the GR Outlet and could look around for things for forum members if we'd like. WELL, me and the moms (deeds0709) took her up on that offer and asked her about the GR witch legs and she found them! She went ahead and bought them and she contacted us and today we drove to her location (only 80 miles, one way, so no biggie) and we unfortunately didn't get to meet up with hallowsusie, but she left the legs with her hubby for the exchange (and he was a looker;) ) AND apparently built an amazing UFO for their haunt a few years ago! Go check out her albums! The UFO landing in a graveyard is so innovative!!

Anyway, she got them at a great price and we reimbursed her. I personally had wanted them since the new catologue came out in June, wasn't sure about the price. $129!! Rest assured they were not even half that at the GR outlet!

So this isn't their permanent location. They have stabby things on the bottom, so I just stabbed 'em right into the earth for the photos. You wouldn't believe it, but these lovely, lady legs weigh a little over 7lbs. each!

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't you love this place?! I've never seen a forum so kind! Too bad she was busy today, but I did get to chat with her on the phone and there couldn't be anyone nicer to talk to!

That's so cool! The BEST people are on this forum.

Nice Legs !!! :)

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Grandin Road outlet is somewhere outside of Cincinnati,OH. I'm not sure where exactly. I live in Lexington, KY and Cincinnati is about an hour drive from here:)

I agree, fantastic people here. And, there is a GR outlet store? I am already planning on buying my next home now, thanks. :) Wonder what they go for in that area?

·
Registered
684 Posts
So, if you have followed the Grandin Rd. thread, Hallowsusieboo said she lived very close to the GR Outlet and could look around for things for forum members if we'd like. WELL, me and the moms (deeds0709) took her up on that offer and asked her about the GR witch legs and she found them! She went ahead and bought them and she contacted us and today we drove to her location (only 80 miles, one way, so no biggie) and we unfortunately didn't get to meet up with hallowsusie, but she left the legs with her hubby for the exchange (and he was a looker;) ) AND apparently built an amazing UFO for their haunt a few years ago! Go check out her albums! The UFO landing in a graveyard is so innovative!!

Anyway, she got them at a great price and we reimbursed her. I personally had wanted them since the new catologue came out in June, wasn't sure about the price. $129!! Rest assured they were not even half that at the GR outlet!

So this isn't their permanent location. They have stabby things on the bottom, so I just stabbed 'em right into the earth for the photos. You wouldn't believe it, but these lovely, lady legs weigh a little over 7lbs. each!

I didn't even know there was a GrandinRoad outlet! Where is that! Road trip...

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:)I have a similar story about another forum member doing something SO NICE for me. I had really wanted the Pumpkin Vine arms that are shown in Grandinroad and Halloween Asylum, but both are showing as "unavailable" and I look every day. Jdubbya posted that he found them at CVS store for $10 for each set, and he PM'd me to let me know. After going to both stores in my town and then going to 7 stores in my state's capital, I could find NONE. So, jdubbya went to 6 stores in his area until he found two sets and then mailed them to me. I swear to you, HF people are the BEST people in the whole world!:D Here is what they look like and they were designed by Ray Villafane, and I don't know if they were so popular they sold out, or if there may be production issues. They are wicked cool arms...now I need the feet as well and some stems.
87680x.jpg

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Don't you love this place?! I've never seen a forum so kind! Too bad she was busy today, but I did get to chat with her on the phone and there couldn't be anyone nicer to talk to!
I have to pile on here as well because I am one of the other HF members that HallowSusieBoo purchased items for at the Outlet. She was kind enough to pick up two life size figures for me - the Life Size Shaking Zombie ($169.00) and the Lady In Black ($89.00). These two were already discounted by being for sale in the outlet but the day Susie went, there was an additional 40% off your purchases. I was able to get purchase both for less then the full price of the LiB !! The salespeople at the outlet were nice enough to take my credit card number over her cell phone when she was at the check out and then Susie was able to ship them to me in Va. for WAY less than GR - I feel I made out like a bandit and I owe it all to Susie. I chatted with her several times on the phone and she is, indeed, one of the sweetest persons I have talked to. Thank goodness for the "family" here on this forum !!

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy! Those are awesome! Yes, if we can help each other we will! As simple as a paypal payment and a ship off and someone else has something in their part of the country that they couldn't find! I've been here 6 years and I swear I don't even know people (I'm a hermit and don't have many friends in general) in my real life that are as genuine and awesome!

:)I have a similar story about another forum member doing something SO NICE for me. I had really wanted the Pumpkin Vine arms that are shown in Grandinroad and Halloween Asylum, but both are showing as "unavailable" and I look every day. Jdubbya posted that he found them at CVS store for $10 for each set, and he PM'd me to let me know. After going to both stores in my town and then going to 7 stores in my state's capital, I could find NONE. So, jdubbya went to 6 stores in his area until he found two sets and then mailed them to me. I swear to you, HF people are the BEST people in the whole world!:D Here is what they look like and they were designed by Ray Villafane, and I don't know if they were so popular they sold out, or if there may be production issues. They are wicked cool arms...now I need the feet as well and some stems.
View attachment 173857

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Frogkid!!! That's aweswome! So it's settled. Hallowsusieboo is the Guardian angel of Halloween! I love her to death already and I hope that because I only live about an hour away, maybe we could meet up when she's not super busy and hang. Maybe even do some Halloween shopping together.

Y'all! Can we just all move to an island together so we are always hanging out and doing awesome Halloween stuff together??

I have to pile on here as well because I am one of the other HF members that HallowSusieBoo purchased items for at the Outlet. She was kind enough to pick up two life size figures for me - the Life Size Shaking Zombie ($169.00) and the Lady In Black ($89.00). These two were already discounted by being for sale in the outlet but the day Susie went, there was an additional 40% off your purchases. I was able to get purchase both for less then the full price of the LiB !! The salespeople at the outlet were nice enough to take my credit card number over her cell phone when she was at the check out and then Susie was able to ship them to me in Va. for WAY less than GR - I feel I made out like a bandit and I owe it all to Susie. I chatted with her several times on the phone and she is, indeed, one of the sweetest persons I have talked to. Thank goodness for the "family" here on this forum !!

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:) Hey Kallie, I think if all us haunters moved to an island, it would be too much like Utopia. Then where would all the TOT's go? Like their parents would take them to Utopia Haunted Island....humph:eek:...:D

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,361 Posts
Hallow and ..... Blush blush and more blushing! Seriously, I will be a GR Outlet scout anytime for HF pals! Kallie - I appreciate the kind words and frogkid -- You are most welcome! It truly was my pleasure ... I LOVE shopping for Halloween and spending OTHER people's money makes it even more fun! ;)

Still, I must express my concern for one comment Kallie made. Kallie and her mom deeds0709 got to meet MysterE in person this morning when he helped me deliver the legs. If he ever finds out that a gorgeous pair of women stated he was a 'looker," well --- let's just say I will never hear the end of it! hehe

It is so very true that Halloween Forum is a fantastic on-line community of good spirited folks.
So many HF members have helped me through the years, and continue to do so. You KNOW I will be at the GR Outlet after 10/31 to see what else I can score for us all. In the meantime - anyone on HF can feel free to PM your Grandin dream list to me and I will enjoy keeping it on my radar screen whenever I sneak over to the store. I have heard from a few others already and will do my best to see if your wish list can be filled.

Thanks again for the kind words and of course... BOO!

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
I agree..I have been online A LONG time and belonged to many kinds of groups..I have never seen a more friendlier, caring, nice group of people of all ages in my many years online! I joined about a year and a half ago and felt like I was home..Just want to say..Thanks for having me !

·
"KAT IN THE HAT"
546 Posts
I also have a story about these folks here on HF and I have never felt happier since I joined. I was doing a Harry Potter prop of Dobby the House Elf and one of the members here read that I could not find a mirror to mount him on and drove here to deliver one she found that she thought would be perfect. Heck she lives over 100 miles away and brought her teens and it was one of the most heart warming visits I have ever had. We live up here in the Great White North AKA Canada but it seems members kindness have no boundaries. Oh and no charge for this fantastic mirror! Another thanks to you Trex!!! Oh and I want your children hahaha!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts