Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its kinda funny. As Halloween ends I start to ask myself how much longer I am going to do it. I absolutely love the setup, the kids, the smells, sounds, friends, and screams. I absolutely hate the hauling and packing up and that's when I start to think about giving it up. The past few years I have tried to stay away from the forum through the winter which, for me, I have found charges me back up. Today is my first real visit since Halloween last year and after a few minutes of surfing I am ready to start a few project and do some fixing on a few things. Thanks Halloween Forum!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
There is just something to the way the air gets chill, the scent of fallen leaves carries on the wind, and the tree branches go all bare and black against the sky... It makes me long for the smell of latex masks and plastic props that have been in storage all year. Haunters are often a "sick" bunch; just not for the reasons everyone assumes!

BTW - I grew up in Michigan. Are you a troll or a UPer?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
In two weeks I pack my son's stuff into a UHaul and move him to ASU Polytech (transferring as a Jr.). He's has been an indispensable helper (plus occasionally a friend or two of his) over the last ~15 years with our growing home haunt. I've decided to hang it up for the next couple of years. The work is just too much for me alone. My juices will have to be satisfied vicariously for the next couple of years - at least. Guessing I will take a lot of crap from the neighbors (or maybe they will all sigh with relief?), but the show won't go on this year.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nepboard, you described how I think we all feel completely! Yep, my juices are starting to churn. Actually, as soon as the kids were out of school, I started on some things. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I agree. I had planned to not buy anything new this year deciding that I already had everything I needed for this year's haunt. BUT... as soon as I started finding things at garage sales, in early catalogs and on-line clearance blips, I turned to the dark side. My husband reminded me that I had told him I was all set for this year, to which I replied, "But there's always next year!"

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I am luckier than most. I have totes full of shiatzu's , talking christmas trees, and many other treasures. I spent the last 5 or 6 years hitting the thrift store circut after work. My wife finally asked how many "treasures" did I really need. I could spend the next few years buying nothing and put various scary things together. But, I feel my clock ticking.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Unfortunately I live in Texas and we are still dealing with 100F weather. This summer has been mild so far, but this August the heat has come with a vengeance. Hoping that it will subside soon and we'll get in the 80s, LOL. Either way, my hallowjuice has been bubbling since May. That's about standard time when I start getting the itch, and now that I'm settled into my new apartment, I have been slowly putting up little decorations here and there (which of course I would leave up year round if I didn't have a roommate to be considerate of)!

So even though the weather isn't helping much with the Halloween spirit, my own feelings of excitement are! I just wish they would start putting out Halloween stuff at Walmart now (school started today here, so it's time to get rid of all the back to school junk)! I noticed this evening that they cleared out a section in the cards area which I KNOW means Halloween cards should be coming tomorrow! Ahhhhh!! So excited!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts